Fab Lab Intern
3.5 CITC Anchorage, AK
Fab Lab Intern
COOK INLET TRIBAL COUNCIL, INC
Job Title: Fab Lab Intern
Department: Youth Empowerment Services (YES)
Reports To: Fab Lab instructor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Grade: C1
Job Type: Temporary
The Fab Lab Intern will be responsible for the completion of a variety of general and specific duties, to include: learning and teaching Computer Numerical Control (CNC) software and machines in the Fab Lab, assisting Fab Lab instructors in Fab Projects, overall mentoring and monitoring for safety of participants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Become familiar with the CITC Fab Lab, safety rules and Fab plans.
* Learn lab software and equipment
* Assist other Fab Lab team members on equipment and software.
* Assisting documenting projects such as project updates, project narratives, and project instructions.
* Participate in Fab Lab meetings.
* Assist the Fab Lab team with project concepts designs and building projects with team.
* Participate and brainstorm ideas with the Fab Lab team.
* Perform all related duties as assigned.
* Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment and interact appropriately with individuals of various ages and backgrounds.
* Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisors, co-workers, staff, youth participants, parents and general public.
* Demonstrated ability to read, write and understand relevant procedures and assignments.
* Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Demonstrated ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Ability to work with timelines and complete.
* Work effectively with Alaska Native and American Indians, with an understanding of social and cultural needs of the native community.
* Demonstrated understanding of tools and equipment, and tool safety.
* Demonstrated experience with a variety of technology and design software programs
* Continued employment will be contingent upon receipt of a satisfactory report from a state and federal background check.
* Currently enrolled as a full or part-time student.
NATIVE PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Pursuant to the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act of 1975 (PL 93-638) and as further guided by CITCs Native Preference Policy 6.120, CITC maintains preference in all phases of employment for Alaska Native, American Indian (AN/AI) and Native Hawaiian people, including direct lineal descendants and foster or traditionally adopted children. Also included are non-Native head of household members for Native families, which includes foster or traditionally adopted Native children.
Headquarters Anchorage, AK, United States
Size 201 to 500 employees
Type Non-profit Organisation
Revenue 1 to 5 billion (INR) per year
Star Star Star Star Star
Recommend to a friend
Approve of CEO
CITC President & Chief Executive Officer Gloria ONeill
teaching, children, pcr, microbiology, gel electrophoresis, sds-page, dna extraction, laboratory skills, elisa, microscopy, western blotting, protein purification, genetics, cell biology, chemistry