Internship Coordinator - HigherEdJobs
Skip to main content
* Job Search
* Four-Year Institutions
* Two-Year Institutions
* All Institutions
* Institutional Profiles
* Dual Career
* Today's Jobs
* Diversity & Inclusion
* Advanced Search
* My Account
* Account Home
* Job Agents
* Other Documents
* Account Information
* Sign In
* News & Resources
* Advice & News
* Higher Ed Careers
* Author in Residence
* Employment Report
* News Releases
* Career Resources
* Salary Data
* Job Search Tips
* Resume/CV Writing
* Diversity Resources
* Search Firms
* Employer Home
* Post a Single Job
* Job Packs
* Unlimited Postings
* All Products
* Pay Your Invoice
* Sign In
* Job Listings
* Job Detail
University of North Texas
Admin - Career Counseling and Placement
Open Until Filled
Requisition Number: 155246
Position Number: 00012374
Department: Career Center - 161510
Is this an internal posting only? No
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The UNT Career Center is the centralized career office responsible for the career development and employment of all UNT students and alumni. It has responsibility for all Student Employment, Internships, and Post-Graduate Employment of UNT students.
The Career Center Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Internship Coordinator to join our team.
Position is responsible for organizing and managing internship programs and events for assigned colleges; provide internship advisement to students interested in working as an intern, and work with faculty and staff in the colleges to provide support for their internship programs within their colleges; work with academic counselors on internship procedures, ensure that student internships are meeting departmental requirements and receiving credit for their internship; work with students through classes, student organizations and individually to promote the services as they seek to make internship decisions; reach out to companies that recruit students from their assigned colleges and strengthen/start a recruiting relationship with companies; ensure that all activities of the office are assessed and reported.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Work directly with Department Chairs and faculty in assigned Colleges to develop/manage a formal internship program that fits with the academic structure of UNT and insures some level of standardization related to their internship programs.
* Manage relationships with corporate and non-profit internship coordinators/recruiters to insure that UNT students are being considered for internships with their companies and that the students are completing tasks associated with their internship experiences. This includes performing site visits to various companies in person and virtually.
* Provide programming (workshops/trainings) for students to help them navigate the processes of the internship program for their department.
* Manage the assessment and data collection of internships for the assigned colleges, and deliver reports to the campus community related to the results and effectiveness of their assigned colleges' internship programs.
* Deliver marketing to students and the campus related to student internship involvement, insuring that we have a large number of students doing internship and job shadowing on campus.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Master's Degree in related field and two years of student services, student affairs, counseling, advising, or related experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
* Excellent public speaking skills with experience in conducting training workshops.
* Ability to provide leadership and mentoring to student populations.
* Experience in networking across departments and programs.
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to simultaneously execute multiple projects.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, and computer skills.
* Some experience in customer service is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position? Yes
Driving a University Vehicle? No
Job Open Date: 06-14-2019
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled
Pay Rate: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Pay Basis: Monthly
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
public speaking, event management, student affairs, organization, internships, coordination, written and verbal communication, data collection, student organizations, written communication, leadership, customer service, higher education, marketing, training