Intermountain Healthcare Pharmacy Intern Level 1- Cottonwood Pharmacy in Murray, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career site here .
The pharmacy student (intern) assists pharmacists to provide pharmacy services including the evaluation and input of licensed independent practitioner orders/prescriptions, and the technical functions of drug procurement, preparation, and distribution. These and all other duties are completed under the supervision of a pharmacist.
Expectation: Become proficient in pharmacy technical functions and the basic pharmacology and utilization of medications.
Essential Job Duties
* Provides excellent service to patients, pharmacists, interns, technicians, and other healthcare professionals in the areas of responsibility.
* Communicates effectively with all staff regarding responsibilities and identified concerns.
* Provides patient immunizations and education/counseling under the direct supervision of the pharmacist on staff as training and mentoring permits.
* Is competent and effective in technical responsibilities assigned, and seeks appropriate training and peer feedback on routine responsibilities.
* Understands and is compliant to all state and federal laws, regulations, policies and procedures, and guidelines related to their specific area of practice.
* Participates and supports the fiscal responsibilities of the department, facility, and Intermountain Healthcare as a whole.
* Provides delivery of medications, information and/or service in a professional, timely manner and is actively engaged in department and team goals, activities, and projects.
* Consistently attains appropriate supervision and accuracy checks by the pharmacist(s) on staff when working, understanding that the pharmacist is the supervisor of their activities.
* Participates in quality improvement activities, and constantly seeks a team approach to developing and achieving best practices and processes.
* Benefits Eligible: No
* Shift Details:This is an evening and weekends position. This is defined as working 1 to 2 shifts per week.
* Department:Cottonwood Pharmacy located at the Cottonwood Medical Clinic, # 531, 181 East Medical Tower Drive, Murray, UT 84107.
* Additional Details:This is an evening and weekend position. Pharmacy is open from 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM Monday Friday, and 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM on weekends. Evening shifts range from 1:00 PM to 9:00 PM, or 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM. With the option to pick up additional shifts in the pharmacy when needed.
* Current state Pharmacy Intern license.
* Must be accepted/enrolled in an accredited College of Pharmacy.
* Carrying, hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing.
* Previous retail pharmacy technician experience.
* Excellent communication skills.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location TOSH
Job Type On-Call / PRN
Location US-UT-Murray, US-UT-Salt Lake City
healthcare, pharmacology, microsoft word, prescription, drug interactions, retail pharmacy, communication, event planning, training, organization, certified pharmacy technician, genetic analysis, quality improvement, utilization management, pharmacy