Software Engineer Intern
OpenClinica LLC in Waltham, MA, USA
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Why Work Here?
Were transforming research by delivering cloud applications that make it easier to run clinical trials. And having fun doing it!
Are you interested in how software can positively impact healthcare? We are looking for a Software Engineer Intern to build great user experiences for our clinical research technology products. You will work closely with our engineers and product team to engage and delight patients, healthcare providers, developers, and researchers while helping them develop and test cutting edge new medicines.
Clinical research has complex requirements and high standards for quality, data integrity, and user experience. The team at OpenClinica is dedicated to delivering powerful yet easy-to-use technology solutions that accelerate research, with a focus on building solutions that make the complex simple. Youll have the opportunity to be mentored by senior members of our engineering team, while getting hands-on with code contributions in a team-based, agile environment. Much of our code is open source, so its a great way to build your portfolio!!!
The Software Engineer should be familiar with Java, Web technologies, and Agile methodologies, and show the ability to learn new technologies quickly and provide meaningful contributions to the team.
Key responsibilities include:
* Develop new features and fix bugs that improve the OpenClinica platform, architecture, infrastructure, and functionality.
* Write unit and integration tests with JUnit.
* Work with enterprise-level technologies.
* Communicate and Collaborate with cross-functional teams effectively.
* Bring your creative thinking, strategies, and ideas to advance our companys values, unique culture, and vision for the future.
Required skills and experience:
* You have (or are in school for) a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
* Knowledge of Microservices, Spring Cloud Frameworks, Hibernate, Nginx, AWS and Docker is a plus
* Proven track record of success working collaboratively with diverse teams
* The aptitude to understand complex, technical issues
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Interest and passion for making healthcare work better through technology
The internship may be full time or part time based in our Waltham, MA office, with the potential for full-time permanent employment.
About OpenClinica LLC:
OpenClinica accelerates the pace of healthcare innovation by working to automate the clinical research process. We have a rapidly growing customer base, and while were a small company, we are already a globally recognized brand in clinical research. We offer valuable experience and opportunities for leadership that are hard to find elsewhere.
Posted date: 18 hours ago