Service Desk Intern
The Service Desk Intern is a customer-centric role responsible for providing first-level technical support to the end-user community and associated workstations, laptops, operating systems, software, hardware, and peripherals. Responsibilities include utilizing the ITSM ticketing system to record incidents and requests reported via phone, email, self-service portal, or walk-up. The technician will investigate and respond to reported incidents according to the procedure as well as any request for service.
Shifts may include quarterly rotating times that may include early mornings, evenings and/or weekends.
* Provide excellent customer service using active listening and communication skills.
* Provide first and second level technical support, which includes centralized incident and service request resolution for customers; successful incident management, including documenting journals, calls descriptions and solutions; as well as using analytical skills to deduce root cause and determine resolution quickly for the client.
* Diagnose, triage, collaborate and escalate tier 2 and tier 3 incidents and requests to appropriate assignee and/or team. Respond to incidents, requests for service, and questions within required response times.
* Troubleshoot and repair hardware and software issues on multiple operating systems.
* Provide on-site and remote technical support for using tools for standard configurations of workstations, laptops, operating systems, software, hardware, printers, and peripherals.
* Assist in system upgrades and maintenance, including, but not limited to, add and/or remove memory, hard drives, video cards, and power supplies.
* Responsible for configuring, provisioning and supporting various mobile devices and mobile device platforms.
* Work to develop an understanding of standard issues and assist in the creation and maintenance of technical documentation and processes.
* Deploy software and system images for multiple OS and hardware standards.
* Follow company policies, procedures, and standards, as aligned.
* Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate and assigned.
* Follow personnel and department policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook and coordinate issues as needed through the Human Resources department.
* Current enrollment in a University seeking a degree in computer science or related field preferred.
* Relevant coursework
* Hands-on technical experience
* Ability to manage multiple issues at one time with exceptional follow through.
* Exhibits an energetic attitude that promotes teamwork, integrity, and results.
* An aptitude for identifying, analyzing, and resolving common technical issues, questions, and problems that occur in workstations, mobile devices, operating systems, software, hardware, and peripherals.
* Written and oral communication skills appropriate for the position, including the ability to speak well in basic professional situations (may include communication via telephone or in person).
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.Service Desk Intern
troubleshooting, technical support, teamwork, operating systems, hardware, laptops, printers, computer science, software, service desk, incident management, workstations, customer service, mobile devices, organization