Pharmacy Intern II PT Osborn Medical Center
HonorHealth - Scottsdale, AZ3.8
Part-timeEstimated: $36,000 - $48,000 a year
HonorHealth is a non-profit, local healthcare organization known for community service and outstanding medical quality. HonorHealth encompasses five acute care hospitals with approximately 11,500 employees and 4,500 volunteers, over 70 primary and specialty care practices, clinical research, medical education, an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, an Accountable Care Organization, two foundations, and extensive community services.
HonorHealth is a leader in medical innovation, talent and technology with a genuine commitment to your growth. The health system's vibrant careers take place in an environment filled with opportunity and respect because we see the HONOR in you.
Other Currently enrolled in an Arizona State Board of Pharmacy approved College of Pharmacy as a third year pharmacy student; or graduate from a College of Pharmacy not approved by the Arizona Board of Pharmacy along with proof that the applicant is certified by the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee (FPGEC). Required
Licenses and Certifications
PI - Reg Pharmacy Intern Arizona State Board of Pharmacy licensure Upon Hire Required
Under the supervision of a pharmacist or preceptor, oversees the daily activities of the medication use process and provides comprehensive contemporary pharmacy services. Additionally, they perform the duties of a Pharmacy Intern as defined by the organization and the Arizona State Board of Pharmacy.
Compounds prescription medications and sterile or non-sterile pharmaceuticals.
Fills automated dispensing machines accurately. Runs reports as required to ensure proper filling of automated dispensing machines.
Retrieves medications from the narcotic automated storage (Pyxis CII Safe/Centrak).
Pre-packages unit dose items by hand and via automated unit dosing equipment (Talyst/EXP) to maintain an ample supply of medications on hand at all times. Assures pre-packaging records are completed correctly.
Completes and documents daily and monthly Quality Assurance (QA) checklists including nursing unit inspections, temperature logs and expired medication checklists.
Under supervision, monitors drug therapy as ordered by the medical staff; suggests alternate drug therapy when appropriate.
Acts as a consultant in advising medical staff personnel regarding utilization of drugs and pharmaceuticals. Advises patients when called upon on use of medications including dosage, administration schedules, and side effects.
* Assures all orders are prepared accurately, selected correctly, labeled neatly and verified by a pharmacist prior to dispensing according to departmental procedures.
* Generates reports as required to ensure filling for specific patient and general stock, Medication Administration Records (MARs) and other reports as needed.
* Re-establishes priorities based on workload and patient needs
* Checks for, investigates, and replaces missing doses. Processes and delivers pharmacy requisitions for nursing units, clinics, and other ancillary departments.
* Participates in medication cart filling and assures that all doses dispensed are consistent with the medication cart fill list.
* Ensures medication doses are delivered within established departmental guidelines.
* Completes medication credits and restocks returned medications.
* Completes and documents Quality Assurance (QA) checklists including nursing unit inspections, temperature logs, calibration logs, cleaning logs and expired medication checklists.
* Assists the Inventory Specialist to assure the pharmacy is adequately stocked with needed medications and supplies
* Restocks pharmacy areas
pharmacy, healthcare, clinical research, hospitals, pharmaceutics, prescription, pharmaceuticals, inpatient, pyxis, medication administration, medical education, drug interactions, leadership, quality assurance, organization