University of Michigan, United States
Updated: about 8 hours ago
Location: Ann Arbor, MICHIGAN
Apply Now Clicking "Apply Now" opens the link in a new window.
Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) is responsible for the planning, design and construction of the University of Michigans physical campus. A division of Facilities and Operations, our professional staff has the expertise to manage a wide range of facility improvement projects. We are committed to providing outstanding customer service and safely completing projects on time and within budget.
Facilities and Operations seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
* Prepare and revise technical reports and construction documents.
* Prepare project-related budgets, schedules, and meeting minutes.
* Provide general office support.
* Provide project-related administrative support to professionals.
* Conduct Field surveys.
* Complete design research.
* Maintain project files.
* Prepare presentations.
* 0-3 years of experience in the area of architecture.
* Bachelor's and/or Master's degree from an accredited architecture program.
* Enrolled in the NCARB AXP program or qualified to enroll immediately upon start of appointment.
* Some responsible work experience in drafting or related work.
* Some knowledge of the principles and practices of construction document preparation.
* CAD experience.
*****This is a 12-month term-limited benefit eligible position with potential for annual renewals up to 5 years.*****
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
architectural design, architecture, design research, cad, construction documents, surveying, drafting, architectural interiors, customer service, management, maya, microsoft windows, engineering, presentations, budgets