Project Specialist, Market Operations
Carvana - Phoenix, AZ2.8
Full-timeEstimated: $56,000 - $76,000 a year
* Bachelor's Degree
* Project Management
* Microsoft Office
* Analysis Skills
* Organizational Skills
* Dental Insurance
* Health Insurance
* Vision Insurance
At Carvana, we sell cars, but we're not salespeople. Since 2013, we've been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that's $Trillion with a "T").
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360� photographs of our vehicles' interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we've built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-afpVx9fRU ).
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day. In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or "bags," depending on where you're from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
The Market Operations Project Specialist will collaborate across multiple workgroups to drive projects from inception to completion. The Project Specialist is highly proficient in daily operations, but also in the behind the scenes processes of other departments that affect the execution of Market Operations. This individual is adept at marshalling and leveraging resources to complete projects within scope, timeline, and budget and is responsible for varying aspects of operational strategy, organization, and reporting. We are looking for a results-focused team player, who operates with a sense of urgency and has a keen eye for quality.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Your responsibilities will not only include prioritizing and directing work, but also the research and cross-functional evangelism necessary to successfully execute complex projects with multiple stakeholders. This includes but is not limited to:
* Researching, evaluating, proposing, and deploying operational processes and optimizations
* Creating overarching project plans and detailing necessary incremental steps
* Proactively identifying and marshalling resources to execute and deliver projects effectively
* Tracking progress against approved timeline, and proactively identifying and removing barriers to project completion
* Developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Supporting various work groups by providing appropriate resources and serving as the project specialist overseeing the completion and progression of projects
* Proactively managing project scope, identifying critical variables and devising contingency plans
* Attending all mandatory periodic planning, progress, and close out meetings
* Maintaining project documentation related to timelines, budgets, contracts, etc.
* Openly and confidently communicating with all other parties involved with a project, establishing trust and rapport with Carvana teams and external partners
* Presenting to various levels of the organization, including senior leaders
* Other duties as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE
* A Bachelor's degree from an accredited undergraduate institution
* 3+ years experience in an operational role
* Experience creating business and operational processes
* Ability to effectively manage varying workload requirements; can shift gears comfortably, manages competing demands, delays or unexpected events
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and oral
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
* Strong organizational skills and acute attention to detail
* Ability to build relationships with peers, executive level management, and operational stakeholders
* Reliable deadline and task management skills
* An analytical mind with problem-solving skills
* Willingness to work within multiple time zones
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Demonstrates professionalism and practices confidentiality
* Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing organization where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
WE'D BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD
* Project management experience
* Experience with strategic planning and process improvement
The Project Specialist will report to Associate Director of Expansion and Process Development and will be a salaried full-time position based in Tempe, AZ. Some travel may be required.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
* Full-Time Salary Position
* Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
* 401K with company match
* Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
* Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
project management, sales, cross-functional team leadership, process improvement, brand development, sponsorship, creativity, youtube, microsoft office, strategic planning, microsoft word, event management, budgets, project planning, research