Samaritan's Purse is a non-denominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. For over 40 years, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. If you are searching for a Career with Impact come see how we serve!
We are searching for an experienced Event Assistant to work with our Special Events Team at the International Headquarters of Samaritans Purse in Boone, NC. The person hired in this role will coordinate details and data with the execution of various ministry events, with primary duties related to the 30th anniversary of the Prescription for Renewal conference being held in Orlando, Florida, in September of this year. This is a 6-month contract opportunity.
What you will be doing:
* Coordinating event duties related to the Prescription for Renewal conference including email and phone correspondences, data entry, and organizing conference materials.
* Administration of registration for all attendees for various ministry events, primarily Prescription for Renewal. Collect contact information, training session choices, and payment information for registrants. Support travel arrangements and overnight accommodations for attendees as applicable. A majority of this information is managed through an event registration software.
* Assist with correspondence, answering calls and emails from staff and attendees about Prescription for Renewal conference.
* Facilitate the coordination of materials needed at the events, including preparing materials for shipment.
* Support the administration, collection and summarizing of the conference evaluations.
* Provide on-site administration support for the Prescription for Renewal conference as needed, to include setup, strike and other event execution needs.
We ask that you bring:
* A strong relationship with Jesus Christ
* Passion and calling to serve at Samaritans Purse
* Skilled in customer service and hospitality
* Impeccable attention to detail.
* Ability to multitask
* Excellent organizational skills
* Ability to work with a variety of audiences
* Excellent Oral and Written Communication skills
* The availability to travel to events
* Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Full Benefit Package, including:
* Medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
* Long term and short term disability insurance
* Term Life insurance
* 401(k) retirement savings plan
* Paid holidays, vacation, sick leave
Samaritans Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the worlds standard while serving the purposes of Gods kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
event management, special events, written communication, event execution, customer service, microsoft excel, microsoft word, training, organization, data entry, administration, attention to detail, flexibility, coordination, education