John Crane - Tulsa, OK3.7
InternshipEstimated: $33,000 - $42,000 a year
* Legal Drafting
Under indirect supervision, the Engineering Intern follows an engineers direction in the completion of project related drawings and other technical projects activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Work with the engineer to develop and execute production of engineering drawings, engineering change documentation, and data from various engineering calculations as required.
* Apply engineering theory and find solutions to any problems that may arise in the course of a project cycle.
* Responsible for ensuring that pertinent John Crane Technical Standards and Procedures are followed in the completion of the project cycle.
* Create detail and layout drawings using conventional and/or company drafting standards and procedures.
* Analyze design and confer with engineering staff to resolve details if not defined.
* Coordinate work into drafting and complete the initial checking review of finished documents.
* Check final drawings to verify completeness, clarity, and accuracy of drawings.
* Prepare bills of materials using data furnished by engineer.
* Must become familiar with company products and materials/material codes.
* Use various engineering software packages Solid Edge, EDMS, Engineering webcalc etc..
* Work within different engineering groups to help maintain engineering databases, drawing files, create and structure bill of materials.
* Perform and monitor the testing of mechanical seal design.
* Additional duties and responsibilities will vary based upon departmental needs.
* A Mechanical engineering background or undergoing studies in Mechanical Engineering field from an accredited University.
* Must be able to work independently or in coordination with an engineer in development of designs or adaptations requiring mechanical engineering skills.
* Ability to use and interpret data from engineering programs
* Must have good problem solving skills, which would include the ability to gather, correlate and present statistical data for review and use by an engineer or other parties toward the completion of an assigned project.
* Experience in design, drafting and related technical assignments is a plus.
mechanical engineering, testing, solid edge, engineering drawings, mechanical design, calculations, problem solving, databases, completion, statistical data analysis, drawing, documentation, ansys, labview, mathcad