Holy Names University Athletics Head Women's Soccer Coach in Oakland, California
Holy Names University (HNU) is announcing an opening in Athletics for Head Womens Soccer Coach. Under the supervision of the Director of Athletics, the Head Womens Soccer Coach will provide oversight to the Universitys womens soccer program and provide supervision for graduate assistants in the GA program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
* Provide leadership and administration of the HNU Womens Soccer program.
* Coach and actively participate in practice sessions as needed and effectively manage game day situations.
* Coordinate and supervise the annual operating budget for womens soccer including inventory and purchasing while adhering to established policies regarding purchasing.
* Administer a robust fundraising campaign for the womens soccer program including development of camps if possible.
* Demonstrate strong work ethic and bring enthusiasm to the program.
* Maintain professional standards at all times and ensure the safety and well-being of student-athletes at home and on the road.
* Effectively work with other departments and teams to ensure overall positive outcomes for the department.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
* A Bachelors Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
* Previous college/university coaching experience required.
* Experience working with NCAA is preferred.
* Knowledge and adherence to all NCAA rules is essential.
* Demonstrate an understanding of the core values of Holy Names University and the ability to translate those values into success for Athletics Department.
* Sound problem solving and conflict resolution abilities are expected as well as keen understanding of professional distance needed between staff members and athletes.
* Willingness to support the Department of Athletics by attending department/institutional events and serving in various roles throughout the year are required.
* Ability and willingness to drive university vehicles as needed.
For consideration, applicants should submit the Holy Names University staff employment application with a cover letter, resume, letter of interest and the names and contact information of three professional references to email@example.com.
About Holy Names University (HNU)
Holy Names University, a Catholic, liberal arts, coeducational university, emphasizes excellent teaching within a small class setting to a diverse student body. Located on 60 wooded acres overlooking San Francisco Bay, the site provides ready access to the cultural, business and educational resources of the San Francisco Bay Area. For more information about Holy Names University visit www.hnu.edu.
Holy Names University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome applications from the community, alumni and the general public. Members of underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Posting Category: Staff Positions
coaching, teaching, fundraising, event management, athletics, soccer, leadership, organization, problem solving, microsoft access, conflict resolution, athletes, camps, college, educational instruction