Date: Jun 20, 2019
Location: Piscataway, NJ, US
No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 73752 - Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
The Micro Scientist is responsible for performing microbiological testing in support of the site microbiological control program.
Let�s talk about responsibilities:
* Performs microbiological testing in accordance with standard procedures.
* Participates in failure investigations to collect the necessary samples when appropriate. An analyst working in a plant should acquire basic knowledge of plant floor operations and equipment. An analyst working in the RTC should acquire basic knowledge of the Product Development process.
* Collect and analyze data to draw conclusions and recommend actions
* Apply appropriate methodologies and data interpretation techniques to assist in overcoming technical difficulties and promote continuous improvement.
* Maintains the laboratory quality control systems to assure validity of data
* Perform or assist vendor in the installation qualification (IQ), operational qualification (OQ) and performance qualification (PQ) of laboratory instruments and equipment.
* Maintain accurate, up to date and concise laboratory records
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions.
What you need for this position:
* Possess a bachelors degree in Biology, Chemistry or other related sciences.
* Prior 1 year of experience on a related field
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Toms of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hills Science Diet and Hills Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgates global business, visit the Companys web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures� oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill's and the Hills Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Toms of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: New Jersey
Job Segment: Scientific, Product Development, QC, Engineering, Research, Quality
science, chemistry, laboratory skills, biology, research, microsoft word, product development, engineering, sales, nutrition, continuous improvement, health education, segmentation, quality control, food