Marketing and Communications Specialist
Notre Dame Academy
At least 3 year(s)
4 Year Degree
Position Title: Marketing/Communications Specialist
Notre Dame de la Baie Academy, as an educational ministry of the Roman Catholic Church, educates the whole person by developing each student's Christian faith, commitment to service, and full academic potential within a caring Church community.
Position Summary Statement:
Notre Dame Academy seeks a Marketing and Communications Specialist whose primary responsibility will be to implement the marketing and communications strategy and annual marketing plan. The ideal candidate will exhibit energy, passion, creativity and take the initiative to enhance the schools brand and tell the NDA story. The Marketing and Communications Specialist is responsible for all external and internal communications.
Reports To: President
Marketing/Communications Job Responsibilities:
* Organize, plan, write, proof and edit all content for the school, including print materials (flyers, post cards, mailings, posters, banners and advertisements), website copy, social media messages, e-mail marketing, e-newsletter, NDA Magazine, letters, marketing pieces, programs, scripts and speeches for events, advertising copy and others as needed.
* Plan, coordinate and create all external communications for NDA, inclusive of audiences in academics, admissions, athletics, development, alumni, community, parish and higher education; inclusive of information distribution, promotional messaging and event invitation and promotion.
* Under the direction of the President, conduct interviews, write stories and create creative content. For example: seek direction from the President as to specific articles and stories to be featured in Notre Dame Academy Magazine. Writing ability must be clean, concise and polished.
* Oversee and manage school-wide social media (not limited to website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and the marquee), including providing direction, guidance and idea generation to ensure a captivating communication outlet that shows creativity while maintaining brand consistency.
* Serve as the primary media relations contact, including writing news releases and presenting stories to media partners on a regular basis; develop media partner relationships and be on-site during press or media events; serve as contact person for crisis communications.
* Coordinate photography, design, print and advertising outlets with outside vendors as appropriate.
* Collaborate with the IT Director for all website enhancement and projects; monitor content to ensure consistency of up to date messaging.
* Maintain the strategic and comprehensive internal communications plan, inclusive of communication to staff, teachers, students, parents, alumni and coaches.
* Consult with the President and seek advance approval for all new, ongoing, and prospective projects.
* Consult with the President and seek advance approval for attendance at all seminars and fundraising events.
* Plan, manage and stay within the Marketing/Communications budget.
* Establish and maintain a database of school contacts, including grade schools, realtors, local organizations, etc.
* Provide assistance at school events.
* Attendance at all-employee in-services.
* 12 month position.
* Work occasional nights and weekends as required.
* Other duties assigned by the President.
How to Apply:
Please send application materials including three professional references by July 19, 2019 to:
Sr. Pat Clement, CSJ
Notre Dame Academy
610 Maryhill Drive
Green Bay, WI 54303
Or email these materials to [Click Here to Email Your Resum�]
Notre Dame Academy is an equal opportunity employer
* BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field.
* Preferred 3 5 years of experience
* Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously with great attention to detail and sensitivity to deadlines and priorities.
� Software knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
* Other Technology related to Marketing and Communications
marketing communications, social media, public relations, email marketing, event management, internal communications, media relations, facebook, brand development, web content, journalism, crisis communications, magazine management, news writing, twitter