# Traffic Intern
**WHO WE ARE
**Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering,Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing andimplementing innovative solutions to the worlds infrastructure andenvironmental challenges. Supported by more than 6,000 employees in 90 officesworldwide, we provide a full continuum of life-cycle engineering consulting,specialized global construction, base operations, Green Infrastructure,security management and intelligence solutions.
**Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Recordas a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients anintegrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportationplanning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in thepractical aspects of operating and maintaining a safe and efficienttransportation infrastructure._ _
The Traffic Intern will assist technical andprofessional departments in
technical duties and projects as assigned. Learn profession or trade as duties
* Support the design of traffic signals, signing & pavement markings, intelligent transportation systems, roadway lighting, and traffic control.
* Perform traffic engineering analysis for operations, transportation planning studies and/or transit planning.
* Assisting with plan development and traffic analysis.
* Perform field data collection.
* Summarize findings and write reports.
** **_ _**PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS**
* Pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong work ethic and self-starter/learner.
* High School diploma/GED with 1-3 years of college coursework.
* Computer skills: Microsoft Office Application computerproficiency.
* Previous experience as an Intern in a transportationplanning/engineering setting.
* Computer skills: AutoCADD.
**Primary Location: **US-NJ-Newark
**Work Locations: **
**Organization: **Michael Baker International
**Job Type: **Internship
civil engineering, transportation planning, traffic engineering, organization, traffic signal design, traffic analysis, data collection, traffic management, microsoft office, leadership, autocad, construction management, consulting, roadway design, written communication