IT Intern at Faro Technologies
Posted in Other about 14 hours ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: lake mary, Florida
Searching for a role where you drive some of the future s most promising innovations? FARO is an international company where ideas count more than hierarchy. We develop and market computer-aided 3D measurement and imaging devices and software. At FARO, smart, skilled people work together in an open atmosphere . And challenging work never gets boring.
Become a part of this great team and start moving forward.
We are seeking an IT INTERN to work out of our Lake Mary, FL office. Relocation is not available for this position. In this role, is responsible for, but not limited to, first level end user computing support, installing, updating, maintaining of software and hardware in a multi-platform, multi-vendor enterprise environment.
* An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
* Leading edge technology
* A dynamic team of sales professionals to work with
* Must be working towards a degree in a filed such as Information Technology
* Excellent Computer Skills
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills
* Demonstrated teamwork skills
* Self-directed and motivated
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE @ FARO:
* For entry level issues providing phone and in-person support, respond to problems, inquiries and managing incoming requests determining user requirements as needed to ensure that customers receive prompt, efficient service.
* Work with users on diagnosing, troubleshooting, and solving a variety of technical issues and question with hardware/software problems.
* Utilize technical support from hardware or software manufacturers as a resource to aid in identifying and resolving computer related problems.
* Responsible for attempting to resolve Tier1 issues within the documented time frames ensuring detailed resolution notes included in the ticket.
* Under supervision will configure and deploy new desktop computers and peripherals according to company standards and procedures.
* May provide input for replacement or additions to the network elements or changes in software configuration.
* Maintain accurate equipment inventory records, network and system problem records, copyright compliance, and network documentation
* Determine severity of problems and resolves or refers to the appropriate staff or vendor.
* Provide input on configure of new or upgraded applications software and operating systems.
* Create and maintain system administration tools and troubleshoot as needed when problems are encountered.
WHAT FARO CAN OFFER YOU:
FARO has excellent benefits for you and your family. We not only care for our employees but also to their immediate family members. We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
* 401K with employer match
FARO Technologies is a Drug Free Workplace with Pre-Employment Drug Screening. We provide equal employment [and affirmative action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
JOIN US. BECOME PART OF A DYNAMIC ORGANIZATION THAT VALUES QUALITY, LEADERSHIP, TEAMWORK,
HONESTY AND OPENNESS AS A WAY OF LIFE IN CONDUCTING OUR BUSINESS.
teamwork, troubleshooting, technical support, information technology, system administration, operating systems, agile methodologies, hardware, leadership, sales, problem solving, organization, manufacturing, analytical skills, documentation