Date:Jun 21, 2019
Location:City of Industry, CA, US
Requisition Number: CA-16030
Area of Interest: Management
Position Type: Full-time
The Operations Manager is responsible for leading and developing their own team of Williams-Sonoma Associates with a focus on motivating, mentoring, and coaching. This individual is accountable for engaging their team during a shift to maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, attendance, and performance. The person in this role will need to be able to show strong leadership, the ability to address budgetary objectives and the desire to equip their team with the tools needed for success. The Operations Manager will ensure that daily departmental goals are met using a People First philosophy to achieve established objectives in Safety, Service, Quality, and Cost.
Days and hours to be worked: M-F 8:00 to 4:30 p.m. or as needed based on business conditions
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* A Bachelor's degree or 3-5 years of relevant distribution or manufacturing management/leadership experience
* Strong ability to communicate effectively (written or verbal), with excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills
* Must be highly organized and process oriented
* Ability to complete multiple tasks consistently and on time
* Warehouse Management System experience
* Ability to adapt and change processes to keep pace with the evolving business requirements
* Strong technical skills included but not limited to Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
* Bachelors degree in Business, Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering or related field is strongly preferred
* 4+ years of management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
* Exposure to furniture distribution and manufacturing or big box distribution is a plus
* Solid understanding of Safety and OSHA standards
* Exceptional organizational and time management skills to successfully respond to urgent situations.
* Six Sigma/lean experience
* Other position specific information outside of the normal job description? Bi-lingual and possess strong leadership competencies
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. promotes a drug-free work environment and is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Job Segment:Operations Manager, Engineer, Supply Chain Manager, Manager, Operations, Engineering, Management
Find similar jobs:
leadership, microsoft excel, logistics, supply chain, six sigma, warehouse management, customer relations, big box, general operations, safety, coaching, microsoft word, microsoft powerpoint, time management, microsoft access