Skip to Page Content
Community Intern - San Antonio
Community San Antonio, TX
Cast your textbook aside, this is where marketing in social media comes alive! Join Yelp as a Community Intern and gain real experience marketing to real people!
What is Yelp?
Yelp is a website where over 138 million people (monthly) read and write reliable and trustworthy reviews of local businesses (restaurants, bars, shopping, just to name a few) from across communities in the US, the UK, Canada, France, Germany, Austria, Spain, Italy and so forth.
Community Managers in over 100 Yelp communities are responsible for marketing, PR, other social media outlets, event planning, e-newsletter campaigns, and various odds and ends on the local level but they cant do it alone! Yelp Interns play an integral part in supporting activities designed to rally the Yelp community both online and off.
As a Yelp Community Intern Youll Benefit From:
* Practical experience with new media marketing techniques.
* Plenty of opportunities to shadow and spend time with the Community Manager including weekly meetings for coaching and professional development.
* A rich network of personal and professional contacts.
* As much Yelp marketing schwag as can be swallowed.
So What Are Some Possible Responsibilities of a Yelp Community Intern?
* Helping develop, organize and execute marketing events (parties, happy hours) and guerilla marketing programs (festivals, street ambushes, etc).
* Co-managing the Twitter handle and Facebook page.
* Keeping Yelp clean with on-site projects, writing and researching.
* Online community building.
* You live to write and write to live and may help craft super Yelpy copy.
Other Program Details:
* 3-6 month program; can be renewed with approval.
* 8-16 flexible hours per week.
* Currently lives/resides in the San Antonio area.
* Interns must have reliable transportation and be 21+, as we'll need your help at bars, clubs and other age-restricted venues.
Ready to apply? Submit the following:
* Cover letter/note showcasing your writing skills and general personality and style.
* Resume showcasing your relevant experience.
* A link to your (full and interesting) Yelp profile this is your writing sample, so make it snappy!
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include Playing Well With Others and Authenticity.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
social media, event planning, event management, facebook, writing, social media marketing, twitter, community management, community building, recruiting, coaching, german, new media, education, web content