Claims Handling Intern
This intern will gain a good understanding of how a claims department operates. They will become familiar with reinsurance terminology, will understand how to identify lines of business and coverage for newly reported losses, and will learn about how reinsurance coverages respond to financial losses.
Major responsibilities will include:
* Assist with identifying coverage and lines of business for new losses.
* Assist with establishing new losses in our Claims system.
* Evaluate client reports submitted for new loss notifications to properly determine line of business, applicable coverage, follow up with client to obtain additional information as necessary, create new losses in Munich Re's Claims systems and send acknowledgement to client.
* Evaluate clients loss billings in contrast to MRAms coverage and claim information to determine appropriate payment and/or reserve adjustments are made on losses handled by Claims Management.
* Assist with processing financial transactions in our Claims system.
* Develop and maintain a working knowledge of Munich Res Claims Operational Systems and internal control processes.
* Partner with Claims Management, Claim Handlers, Accounting, etc. for coverage/account assistance as needed.
* Assist with special projects as needed
Required skills and competencies:
* Exceptional organizational, prioritizational and time management skills
* Detail oriented individual
* Strong ability to navigate in multiple software and business applications; quick ability
* to learn new and complex computer applications
* Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communications, relationships and teamwork
* Required Computer Skills: Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, Word
Munich Re America
United States of America
microsoft excel, microsoft word, teamwork, time management, microsoft outlook, organization, reinsurance, claims management, property, claims handling, interpersonal communication, auto claims, written and verbal communication, written communication, accounting