Do you have questions about the application process? If so, please refer to the Applicant FAQ's.
Posting Number: 20193189V
Position Title: Communications and Marketing Student Assistant - Fall 2019
Posting Type Student
Hours/week: 6-10 hours/week
Eligibility: Work study preferred but open to all students
Semester 2019 Fall
Location Falvey Memorial Library
Detailed Work Schedule
Number of positions: 4
Department: 288-Falvey Library
Contact Name: Lorraine Holt
Contact Phone/Extension: 610-519-4291
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary:
Energetic and skilled person with a wide range of creative, technical and organizational skills to assist the Falvey Memorial Library Communication Services team with event logistics, marketing and promotional related projects, content creation, social media and other administrative duties in the office. This position is 6 hours per week and presents an excellent opportunity to gain a wide range of experience, build strong content portfolio and be published regularly on the University library site.
* Assist with the satisfactory execution of events and outreach activities in the Library.
* Help with logistical aspects of events held in the Library (physical demands related to venue set-up and tear-down will apply), includes, on occasion, use and assistance with audio-visual, recording, and/or multi-media presentation equipment, event-related hospitality, including food prep and clean-up.
* Record data and contribute to event reporting; assist with Library events and activity analysis.
* Author items for the library blog and contribute to social media
* Assist with all types of event publicity
* Conduct interviews and write feature profiles of various Villanova community members
* Contribute to team efforts in order to meet communication goals and objectives.
* Work is diversified and involved, resulting in some unique problems. The individual must exercise judgment and make decisions based on precedent or standard operating procedures.
* Experience with Microsoft Office and social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
* The ability to follow detailed instructions and perform complex tasks with limited supervision.
* Basic knowledge of various iOS applications (i.e. graphic generators, photo filters and layouts and retouching).
* The job normally has a varying workflow where duties, at times, must be handled simultaneously; periodic interruptions exist.
Physical Demands Summary:
* Ability to sit or stand for 3-5 hours at a time.
* Position requires a lot of physical effort such as regularly pushing/pulling wheeled carts of stacked chairs, tables, AV equipment, books and other materials.
Wage Rate: Student Level 5, Starting at $7.95/hour
Posting Detail Information
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled Yes
marketing, social media, event management, facebook, twitter, web content, publicity, creativity, instagram, pinterest, microsoft office, communication, organization, hospitality, logistics