Arthritis Foundation - New York, NY3.9
8 hours agoInternship
* Event Planning
* Microsoft Office
Development Intern SUMMER/FALL 2019 Position Profile
Over 50 million Americans have arthritis, making it the number one cause of disability. That means 1 in every 5 adults, 300,000 children and countless families. These numbers are only going to keep growing unless we stake a stand. The Arthritis Foundation is a nonprofit that leads the fight for the arthritis community through life changing information and resources, access to optimal care, advancements in science, and community and connections. Our goal is to chart a winning course and make each day another stride towards a cure. The Arthritis Foundation will offer you the opportunity to achieve your professional goals at the same time you are making a difference for individuals living with arthritis.
Using Arthritis Foundation resources and templates, the Development Intern will assist on all event logistics, in-kind donations, day-of-implementation and customer service. Ideal for building communication, event logistics and fundraising skills.
* Ensure that constituents have a consistent and exceptional experience.
* Help with new engagement and growth in emerging events results in new supporters and fundraising.
* Work with staff to ensure fundraising experience engages people with a connection to arthritis.
* Assist with new teams formed and existing teams to further develop and increase participation and revenue.
* Assist with Gala event (silent auction items, mailings and other donations).
* Solicit in-kind donations.
* Secure entertainment and other day-of event logistics.
* Help with Walk to Cure Arthritis, Jingle Bell Run, NYC Marathon and other Marquee events as needed.
* Plan and maintain marketing materials distribution list.
* Help with recruitment, cultivation calls and Young Professional Leadership Committee.
* Interest in learning more about a fundraising career in nonprofit sector.
* Keen interpersonal skills.
* Ability to research online.
* Ability to work collaboratively.
* Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
* Proficiency in social media.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365.
Development Interns leave with a comprehensive understanding of event planning and nonprofit experience.
Training and Support
* Arthritis Foundation overview and office tour.
* Affinity, Samanage and other platform training.
* Arthritis Foundation wide resources and templates.
* Access to staff, computer, phone, technology equipment, etc.
* Six-month unpaid internship (June 2019 December 2019).
* Requires roughly 21 hours a week.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $0.00 /week
* development or nonprofit: 1 year (Preferred)
* One location
research, social media, event planning, fundraising, communication, non-profit organizations, microsoft office, leadership, customer service, event management, training, recruiting, entertainment, microsoft access, science