Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Scientific Apps & User Support R&D Undergraduate Year Round in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Year Round - R&D Undergrad
On any given day, you may be called on to:
* Analyze data and prepare reports providing insight to data
* Write software to help visualize data in various ways
* Write scripts to improve workflows
* Work as part of a team that requires daily communication
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
* Currently attending and enrolled full time in an accredited undergraduate program
* Pursuing a science, engineering, or math major
* Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
* Ability to work up to 25 hours per week during the academic year, and up to 40 hours per week during the summer
* U.S. citizenship
* Previous software development coursework (Java, Python, or C++)
* Linux experience
* Desire to develop software
* Strong customer-oriented nature
* Experience with Python
* Experience with C++
* Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
* Experience in software development
* Experience in configuration management
* Strong interest in computer science
* Strong teaming skills
* Strong communication skills
The department provides capabilities and in-depth support for a broad range of scientific/engineering computing, including high performance computing and visualization. The department provides user environments, expertise and direct support to users, and provides and/or supports application-level software and tools. The department partners with application communities to develop and support scientific/engineering computing solutions.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nations premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
* Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
* Extraordinary co-workers
* Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
* Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
* Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Furthermore, employees in New Mexico must pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to Kirtland Air Force Base. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance and it subsequently becomes necessary to obtain and maintain one for the position, or you bid on positions that require a DOE security clearance, a pre-processing background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for a DOE security clearance must be U.S. citizens. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
java, python, linux, computer science, high performance computing, microsoft office, software development, microsoft word, research, microsoft access, math, communication, engineering, security clearance, r&d