Principle Design Operations Engineer - 2880 at Millennium Engineering and Integration Company
Posted in Other about 16 hours ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Edwards AFB, California
This is a working engineering leadership level position which will perform the full spectrum of Engineering duties and requires an advanced understanding of Engineering principles. Applies knowledge of engineering technology and systems engineering concepts to the specific technical tasks at Armstrong Flight Research Center (AFRC).
Knowledge, skills & abilities required:
* Review project instructions to ascertain requirements, specifications, procedures, objectives, equipment, nature of technical problem, and possible solutions.
* Working knowledge of aero-mechanical design principles, processes, methods, and tools for aeronautical systems, including industry and NASA standards and practices, and ability to independently perform structural analysis tasks, within a multidisciplinary team environment.
* Proficient in Solidworks
* Design parts/assembly/fixture from scratch or sketches and with minimal instructions/directions.
* Develop conceptual layouts to capture product specification and function of assembly/component interface, size, location, and placement.
* Specify material/finish and selection of OEM components (hardware, fasteners, pins, fitting, etc.).
* Create complex 3D models, large assembly, fabrication drawings using Solidworks
* Generate detailed fabrication drawings per Global DRM and ASME Y-14M with extensive knowledge of GD&T application.
* Perform complex interference fit checks, motion studies, and tolerance stack-up analysis on large assemblies.
* Utilize Windchill PDMLink to configure and manage design data.
* Proficient in Top Down Design (TDD) methodologies and applications of model-centric designs.
* Proficient in analysis tools, CETOL for tolerance analysis and Mechanica/Mechanism or Creo simulation for kinematic studies.
* Knowledge regarding aircraft mechanical and avionics systems.
* Application of Engineering principles and Systems Engineering processes.
* Must be able to work and lead efforts in a dynamic and multi-task work environment by prioritizing work and coordinating task/project schedules.
* Must be able to manage and decompose requirements in specific technical areas.
* Strong communications and ability to work in a team environment a must.
* Employee exercises a high degree of originality and sound judgment in formulating, evaluating, and correlating broad engineering research concepts, guiding the analysis of unique problems.
* Employee may apply standard methodologies but is responsible for innovative thinking, problem solving, and independent judgment in resolving complex issues.
* 15 years + BS in engineering or physical science
* 13 years + MS in engineering or physical science
* 10 years + PhD in engineering or physical science
* Must be a US Citizen
* Must be able to secure and maintain a secret clearance
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.
Job Req: 2880
hardware, systems engineering, dynamic simulation, solidworks, gd&t, avionics, structural analysis, integration, management, agile methodologies, research, assembly, problem solving, training, communication