Intern - Software Development at Global Foundries
Posted in Other about 13 hours ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Essex Junction, Vermont
Summary of Role :
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is looking for a highly motivated software engineer to work in the US Tapeout and Operations organization. You will be responsible for developing core software solutions and infrastructure that will be utilized to generate mask data in the Tapeout Operations organization. The successful candidate will work with 100% quality and minimal cycle time in mind. This role requires a close working relationship with the engineers that use these tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip manufacturing. Strong Computer Science fundamentals are required to function in a challenging position with a breadth of responsibilities.
Essential Responsibilities :
* Work through all stages of the software development life-cycle from requirements, development, test and release using Agile disciplines
* Modify existing software infrastructure to debug and correct critical issues.
* Strong OO programming and design skills
* Familiarity with the use of Perl, Python, Java, and Shell scripting
* Interact with other teams such as mask recipe engineers and process engineers to obtain information on functional requirements and priorities for new features.
* Maintain detailed application documentation and revision control
* Work in a dynamic collaborative environment requiring strong team skills with programmers, engineers, managers, and production employees.
* Individuals with strong ability to learn and explore new technologies and who are able to demonstrate good analysis and problem solving skills are preferred.
* Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and program
Alternate Work Location- Austin, TX
Required Qualifications :
* In pursuit of BS Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent from an accredited College and or University and currently enrolled as a Junior or Senior
* Must have some experience undertaking sound software engineering with Perl, Python, Java, Scripting Languages (Korn Shell) on LINUX platform
* Fluency in English �" written & verbal
* Experience in Semiconductor domain
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to ethnicity, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
java, python, programming, software development, linux, agile methodologies, software engineering, perl, computer science, shell scripting, debugging, microsoft word, english, computer engineering, mysql