Computational Physics Intern
PassiveLogic in Salt Lake, UT, USA
We are a pioneering autonomous building systems startup company. We are developing a groundbreaking autonomous control platform for the future of smart cities and high-performance buildings. We have a position for a Computer Science or Engineering intern that offers the opportunity to be a meaningful part of a team, develop real technology, prototype product, and solve real-world engineering problems.
This is an internship or entry-level position, with the potential of a full-time position for the right candidate. Opportunity for involvement is limited by only your enthusiasm (i.e. you do real work, not toy intern problems).
What you will be doing:
Developing finite-element building and systems modeling software. Helping to Implement physical model based digital twins of real-world analogs, interfacing with the object model, ORM and developing interfaces for electro-mechanical control systems.
You must have:
* Interest in autonomous systems, machine learning, energy systems, or mechanical-electrical control.
* Strong programming skills (e.g. C++, Python, Swift, etc).
* Strong math, numerical methods, and analysis skills.
* Experience with software design, design patterns, and software architecture.
* Must be diligent and get work done, but we do respect powder days.
You should have:
* Experience with systems modeling, and algorithm development.
* Experience with concurrency, threads, processes, Libdispatch/GCD, or OpenCL.
Its helpful to have:
* Fundamentals of building energy and/or electro-mechanical systems.
* Experience with Swift programming language.
* Experience with autonomous systems.
* Hourly Wage.
* We can support academic credits for students.
To apply for this position:
With your introduction and resume, include a description of a project (of any type) you personally created, devised, built, managed, organized, or designed that was of your own self-initiative. Also include any portfolio work, links to your code repo, personal website, etc.
You should be interested in a startup position, not a corporate cog position. You should be located in Utah, or independently planning on moving the area.
PassiveLogic is the world's first autonomous building automation system. Just scan the building with a tablet, and we create the building's digital twin, from which our physics engine autonomously controls your building in real time. We turn complex building automation into a simple plug-and-play experience, improving the profitability of automation installers by 2X, and allowing them to execute at scale. PassiveLogic's disruptive control technology is like an engineer-in-a-box that provides real-time autopilot for buildings. We reinvent the fundamental principals of automation using physics and artificial intelligence to replace todays antiquated systems.
Posted date: 7 hours ago
python, programming, algorithm development, machine learning, finite element analysis, artificial intelligence, artificial neural networks, opencl, engineering, microsoft word, energy management, computer science, math, software design, prototyping