Butterfield Colors - Sika is seeking a Purchasing Specialist for our Aurora, IL plant.
This position will provide manufacturing with a cost effective and continuous flow of source materials from suppliers while providing assistance in inventory management. Assist Production Planning and movement of materials through plant including trading goods and interplant transfers.
* Purchases raw materials, packaging supplies, release items, and coordinates miscellaneous supplies / services for the plant and office in accordance with proper purchasing practices. Reconciles all issues related to the purchase (ie.,quality, price adjustment, damage, returns, etc.)
* Interplant transfers
* Ensure COA SDS information is received from vendors
* Communicates and Coordinates with Planning / Procurement Manager concerning price changes, vendor changes / issues and corporate purchasing policies and directives.
* Maintains record of cost reductions and product improvements
* Communicates and coordinates with Production Supervisors and Lead Operators to ensure constant flow of production materials
* Plans proper purchasing/releases of raw materials and packaging based on production requirements. Makes adjustments to schedules as needs are identified
* Performs the functions to manage and control inventory levels and maintain acceptable inventory turnover levels, utilizing SAP views, functions and reports.
* Evaluates discrepancies to determine correct purchase quantities and recommend structure, or other corrective action
* Provides the detailed information for SAP Vendor Creation and Raw material packaging for new vendors and materials and product codes
* Coordinates SAP functions for purchasing
* Provides support for maintenance of raw material and packaging SAP MRP data
* Assist production planning, utilizing SAP MRP and other information / data sources.
* Support SAP process order processing by working with the Production, Quality and Logistics staff.
* Coordinates and participates with the local management team to communicate issues, solutions to meet budget, and operational goals and objectives
* Work with Production, Customer Service and Shipping / Receiving staff to ensure efficient and on time movement of materials through the plant
* Work with R&D, Corporate and local EHS, Marketing and Production staff to ensure proper labeling for product and raw materials.
* Follow EHS Corporate and local rules and procedures
* Collect and maintain records / data required for reporting
Minimum education Some college required. Bachelors degree in Business related field strongly preferred
Purchasing and inventory management with a working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems strongly preferred
Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point; SAP software experience preferred
Knowledge of bills of materials
Excellent internal and external relationships with all levels of organization
Strong interpersonal skills
Excellent written and verbal communication
Attention to detail; accuracy
Ability to work independently
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
United States of America
Management, Operations/Production, Procurement / Logistics / Materials Management
Picture employer branding
customer service, microsoft excel, microsoft word, inventory management, logistics, sap, purchasing, inventory control, procurement, manufacturing, shipping, materials management, erp, mrp, production planning