Financial Reporting Analyst
Denver, CO, USA
The Financial Reporting Analyst will be responsible for the creation, maintenance and integrity of Pingoras collateral data. The ideal candidate will be an individual who is dedicated to making sure that these critical processes are completed effectively, accurately, efficiently and timely to support our business and teams. Excel and SQL will be the primary tools used in this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Record and track complex investment cash activity and receivables.
* Assist in cash, investments, and other account reconciliations.
* Partner with various internal and external groups to identify and research abnormalities in investment data.
* Assist the team to ensure accounting processes and procedures are followed and completed to support and reinforce key business objectives.
* Participate in the development and implementation of company controls to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
* Support the Finance team in filing, month-end and administrative tasks.
* Assist with hands-on detailed projects and activities.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Advanced knowledge of Excel
* Exposure to SQL or another relational database query language
* Strong analytical and communication skills
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
* Willingness to learn and take ownership of all required tasks and projects
* Ability to recognize and recommend potential process improvements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or equivalent experience
Certifications, Licenses, and/or Registration
* No minimum requirements.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle, touch or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Pingora Asset Management is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
finance, financial reporting, accounting, process improvement, investing, asset management, reconciliation, investment management, microsoft excel, research, sql, communication, organization, math, business