Marketing Compliance Specialist
The Marketing Compliance Specialist is primarily responsible for reviewing various bank communications and marketing materials to verify compliance with federal consumer regulations and other requirements prior to their use. The Specialist may also conduct research, draft summaries of regulatory guidance, create instructional training materials, and provide administrative and project support to the Compliance Department.
This position will review, analyze and provide guidance/approval for communication and marketing materials intended for use with internal associates and external clients. This position will ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, internal guidelines/policies, and other risk related issues. As a member of the Compliance team, this position will be responsible for review of all types of marketing content distributed to the public, including printed material, presentations, social media, video, internet sites, email campaigns, etc.
Under the direction of the VP, Director of Regulatory Compliance, this individual will work closely with the experts in the various marketing areas, subject matter experts, the Legal Department and other team members involved in the oversight of communications with the public.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Conduct the review of complex materials and diplomatically communicate required edits; explain the regulatory basis for the changes; and recommend alternatives to problematic content. Will work with Marketing to produce strong, effective and compliant communications.
* Conduct research of regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures; analyze and interpret the information to effectively identify applicable compliance requirements.
* Serve as subject matter expert in the Banks Marketing and Communication guidelines; identify updates to guidance and impact to current processes; advise on necessary changes.
* Review internal and client-branded marketing and communication materials, in various formats including print and websites, for compliance with regulatory and operational guidelines. Provide feedback for business owners related to identified issues and any necessary edits required for the material or communication to comply with guidance.
* Partner with various business owners regarding the materials review process, requirements, timelines, and due dates. Maintain workflows and tracking mechanisms to ensure materials are timely processed and approved for use.
* Assist in developing and conducting training for marketing, communications, public relations, social media and electronic content teams to enhance knowledge of compliance requirements with applicable rules, regulations and industry issues. Assist in developing and maintaining compliance reference tools.
* Interact efficiently with business project teams, counsel, and team members. Proactively identify process/procedure improvements and/or risk reduction opportunities.
* Proactively stay current with applicable securities laws, rules, regulations and interpretive guidance related to communications with the public. Must maintain an active awareness of the internal products and services initiatives/changes.
* Assist in providing information during regulatory examinations and internal or external audits.
* Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Ability to understand complexed specialized information and communicate it effectively to business partners
* Ability to interpret, understand and apply rules and regulations as well as internal guidelines.
* Effective analytical reasoning, good personal/business judgment, problem solving skills and risk assessment abilities
* Should be highly motivated, organized, detailed, results oriented and adaptable
* Must be innovative and collaborative with the ability to build credibility with business partners and team members
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, make independent judgments and be detail oriented in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
* Ability to work independently and also as a part of a high-functioning, collaborative team of compliance professionals, including the ability to form relationships at all levels of the organization.
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
* Minimum three to five years related bank compliance experience
* Experience in the review and approval of consumer facing marketing materials
* Knowledge and experience in Consumer Protection Regulations
* Strong working knowledge of the financial industry and applicable regulatory standards
* Experience in the financial services industry preferred
Computer and Software Skills:
* Strong skill in operation of a personal computer, including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Google Mail, and Google Sheets.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Enterprise Bank amp; Trust is committed to helping individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensuring equal opportunity to apply and compete for jobs. If you need an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Enterprise Bank amp; Trust please contact Human Resources atnbsp;email@example.com.
Enterprise Bank amp; Trust is committed to managing our business and community relationships in ways that positively impact our associates, clients, and the diverse communities where we work and live.nbsp; We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.nbsp; All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.nbsp; All employment offers are contingent upon the applicant successfully completing both drug and background check screenings.nbsp; If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster at: nbsp; https://link.zixcentral.com/u/324ca55e/qL5ePJcS6RG7hzIZh3soMg?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww1.eeoc.gov%2Femployers%2Fposter.cfm
social media, process improvement, training, public relations, content marketing, web content, campaigns, microsoft excel, microsoft word, research, communication, problem solving, human resources, banking, financial services