Software Engineer Intern
Engineering Dallas, Texas
If you are a great developer, with passion for security and technology, come join Forescout R&D organizations team of Software Engineers and take part in defining and driving the future world-wide market leading product suite consists of: Network Access Control, Endpoint Compliance, Mobile Control, and Intrusion Prevention.
Applications range from Client / Server applications to Web apps for a Network Access Control solution, running on both Windows and Linux systems.
What You Bring to Forescout:
* General knowledge of software engineering concepts and techniques.
* C/C++ experience, Experience in Java programming, Perl experience advantage.
* Linux/Unix development experience, Linux system/environment experience (script languages, regular exp., awk, sed, etc.) advantage.
* Good understanding of TCP/IP and protocols (DNS, SMTP, SNMP, DHCP, 802.1 x).
* Familiar with network equipment configuration (Switch, Router, FW).
* Windows-based networks, domain management - Advantage
* Low-level network monitoring and sniffing (Experience with sniffers).
* Ability to easily learn and apply new technologies.
* Works well with others.
* Ability/Experience in customer interactions.
* Ability to work independently and lead others if so required.
* Highly motivated to succeed in current position.
Major: Computer Science
Must live in the location of the internship opportunity (no housing, accommodations or transportation will be provided).
Forescout is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
java, programming, software engineering, computer science, unix, perl, web applications, scripting, awk, microsoft windows, microsoft word, networking, microsoft access, security, linux system administration