Quality Assurance Supervisor at Pacific Coast Producers
Posted in QA - Quality Control about 19 hours ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Woodland, California
Pacific Coast Producers
Pacific Coast Producers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Woodland Plant
Pacific Coast Producers, leading private-label food manufacturer headquartered in Lodi, CA, is seeking a Quality Assurance Supervisor to support the Quality Assurance Department at its Woodland Tomato Processing Operation.
The QA Supervisor is responsible for partnering with all members of the Quality Control group to ensure the Food Safety and Food Quality programs remain compliant with GFSI standards. The ideal candidate has demonstrated knowledge and experience with food safety regulations and quality systems, including: third party audits, preventative controls, policy, procedure, and crisis management. Communicates quality related technical information to maximize value, efficiency and maintain established quality standards.
Candidate must be highly self-motivated with the ability to work effectively as part of team, to interact across departmental and cross-functional boundaries, while minimizing conflict and maximizing continuous improvement and good will. This position reports directly to the Technical Services Manager.
Responsibilities include activities associated with cost-effective process and product improvements to insure the integrity of labels and finished products.
These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinate Food Safety and Food Quality Program efforts including the HACCP process to meet GFSI standards
* Manage label compliance for all products and customers. Verify and validate accuracy of ingredient, nutritional, and all other information on each label.
* Evaluate shelf-life / retained sample studies, verification, validation and related activities
* Evaluate consumer complaints with continuous monitoring of complaint activity, review corrective actions, evaluate trends, and recommend improvements to reduce or eliminate complaints.
* Manages assigned elements of the SQF system according to verification schedules.
* Performs internal audits and follows up on action items to ensure their closure.
* Assists in updating and maintaining prerequisite and operational prerequisite program.
* Ensures compliance to FDA 21 CFR 117 and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
* Provide quality-related information, Certificate of Analysis, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and technical guidance to Operations during on-going processing, implementation of process changes, and R&D runs.
* Investigation, corrective action and responses to customer and consumer complaints for products.
* May be asked to assist or stand-in for the Technical Service Manager during customer and/or government driven inspections or audits, such as FDA, USDA, Kosher, and Organic.
* Maintain a clean, organized and hazard free work area.
* Perform other duties as assigned by Technical Service Manager.
* Ensures compliance to Food Safety and HACCP programs, training and continuous improvement.
* Position supervises Collectively Bargained (Union) Employees and Seasonal Support Staff.
Qualified candidates will have the minimum experience, education, and attributes:
* Minimum of 3 years of experience and demonstrated knowledge of food products, product development, and regulatory compliance preferred.
* Bachelor of Science degree (Food Science or related field) preferred.
* Preferred candidates will have knowledge of food manufacturing processes, research, development and innovation, quality control, product grading, and analytical testing.
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Proficiency with general computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word, etc.)
* Must be knowledgeable with HACCP, GFSI, and related Food Safety and Food Quality programs.
Pacific Coast Producers offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. Pacific Coast Producers offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants including females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.
quality assurance, quality system, continuous improvement, training, quality control, haccp, microsoft excel, food safety, cross-functional team leadership, fda, validation, product development, microsoft word, food science, testing