Accounting Intern 1 at Texas Materials Group Inc.
Posted in Health Care about 9 hours ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Beaumont, Texas
Oldcastle Materials Texas Region
Job ID: 153026
Gulf Coast, a CRH Company, is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier owned and operated by CRH Americas Materials, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Gulf Coast is part of CRH America's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
This position will have a general understanding of accounting practices and be able to help with most accounting functions.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
* Work in a high volume accounting department
* Must be a self-starter with attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time and meet short deadlines.
* Demonstrated experience with Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Contracts and Subcontracts, and General Ledger. Construction Progress Billing experience a plus.
* Demonstrate the companys core values of safety, integrity, and quality, as well as honesty, respect for others, diversity and inclusion.
* Utilize customer service skills in dealing with internal and external customers.
* Must possess the ability to work independently but collaborate as a group to achieve team goals.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Able to perform essential job functions with/ without reasonable accommodation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
* Pursuing degree in Accounting or Business.
* Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Applications with the ability to learn new software systems as needed.
* Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
* Report to work at the designated start time.
* Be able to work overtime as required.
* Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures.
* Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist coworkers or supervisors with other duties as required.
* Be at least age 18 years of age.
* Must have a solid understanding of math in relation to accounting practices
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The position will be primarily outside in the elements and may be required to work in inclement weather as needed.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
This position requires an employee to lift:
0 10 lbs
10 25 lbs
25 50 lbs
50 100 lbs
* This position is an office position and will be in a climate controlled environment.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
What CRH Americas Offers You
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If youre up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Gulf Coast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, payroll services, attention to detail, balance, billing, work well independently, self-starter, microsoft office, customer service, math, healthcare, contract management