Applications and Development Intern at Carl Zeiss SBE
Posted in Other about 15 hours ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Pleasanton, California
APPLICATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT INTERN
The PCS group defines ZEISS solution strategies and strategic priorities that drive growth in semiconductor markets. Through deep technical knowledge of the Semiconductor industry coupled with expert knowledge of available ZEISS technologies, PCS identifies important customer problems that may be addressed with ZEISS solutions both now and in the future. Through this knowledge, PCS supports the field organizations to promote current solutions and guides ZEISS internal R&D projects for the future.
We are currently seeking an Applications and Development Intern to work at our Pleasanton, CA location.
The Applications and Development Intern will characterize the ZEISS Versa product line, particularly on the newly released Versa 620 model. The focus will be on resolution study and throughput gains for better understanding the new source performance at higher powers for semiconductor packages. The analysis of geometric magnification limits at different energy levels (30-160 kV) is expected on 3 classes of samples with different density levels. The results of this study will also be used to make application and marketing white paper, tech notes and customer training materials, etc.
Thrive on innovation at a global technology leader. Develop exciting solutions in a diverse, stable work environment that s focused on the future. Join us in a modern work environment with an open and inspiring culture and colleagues!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Data acquisitions on semiconductor samples using the Versa 620 model using different energies, powers and scan time.
* Analyze the data with the focus on resolution, contrast and throughput under the guidance of management and the XRM Application team
* Support Versa demonstration on data collection, image analysis and report generation
* Support sample holder design with the Versa Repscan scope and capacity
* Compile final report for all learnings and findings, for further customer-facing materials and documentation
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's degree in a technical field is required
* Experience with light microscopy in an academic environment is preferred
* Semiconductor, electronics industry or related academic experience is preferred
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Self-motivated with good organizational skills
At ZEISS we encourage creative thinking and innovation. We work in dynamic and interdisciplinary teams and offer individual development perspectives as well as flexibility in organizing your work. We care about our employees and take particular responsibility for improving society and preserving our environment. These core values have shaped our corporate culture at ZEISS for over 170 years.
HELP US SHAPE THE FUTURE! The application process takes less than 10 minutes, we look forward to receiving your application.
ZEISS is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer. Online Application