Target Optical - Optician
Date: Jun 25, 2019
Location: Henderson, NV, US, 89014
Company: Luxottica Group
Requisition ID: 103950
Store #: 004732 Target Optical
At Target Optical, we help people see and look great and have a blast doing it! We make caring for peoples vision fun.
We offer flexible work schedules and a competitive compensation package including benefits, and because we are part of eyewear industry leader, Luxottica, there is plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Love fashion? Weve got you covered. Want a flexible work environment? Done. Want to be the boss of your day? We love your thinking.
Theres always more to see at Target Optical more style, more fun, and more opportunities to find a career that fits your already-full life. Put your career in focus with us!
The Optician drives profitable sales growth, attracts and retains guests for life by delivering exceptional Guest service. This is accomplished through development of a positive and productive retail-selling environment that ensures premier Guest Service, Guest retention, as well as outstanding Optical Team/Doctor satisfaction.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Drives profitable store sales by fostering a retail selling culture by practicing and role-playing effective retail sales skills.
* Develops professional business relationships with other Team Members.
* Fills ophthalmic eyeglass prescriptions, fits and adapts lenses and frames utilizing optical prescription.
* Ensures high quality/timely product manufacturing/fabrication.
* Verifies visual acuity.
* Analyzes and interprets prescriptions and lens design.
* Measures pupillary distances, bifocal, trifocal and progressive placement.
* Selects and measures frame for facial contour, eye size and bridge size and temple length.
* Fits and adjusts eyewear to the face and eyes.
* Dispenses contact lenses.
* Dispense quality products.
* High School Degree or equivalent
* ABO Certification
* 2+ years in Retail Optical
* Basic computer skills
* Independent and self-motivated
* Ability to grow sales through sales skills
* Enthusiastic and concise communications
* Attention to detail
* Associates Degree
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact Talent Luxottica at 877-589-8253 (513-765-2256 outside of US) or email TalentLuxottica@luxotticaretail.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.
contact lenses, eyewear, retail sales, fashion, scheduling, basic computer skills, motivation, attention to detail, computer operations, email management, vision, leadership, selling, hiring, manufacturing