INTERN - Climate Change Intern
Peace Ops - New York, NY
3 hours agoInternshipEstimated: $30,000 - $44,000 a year
Peace Ops www.peace-ops.com is a technology company with a platform and methodology to disrupt the way that peacebuilders and peace stakeholders operate within ineffective silos. Our technology platform brings peace stakeholders together within operational ecosystems and guides all stakeholders to work together to achieve peace and stability. We are looking for highly educated interns to support an important global climate change project and to ensure that climate change conflicts do not emerge. This is an unpaid home-based role and will suit highly motivated individuals who are passionate about saving our planet.
* Work with a specialist climate action team in one of the Peace Ops business units
* Promote climate action in your local community
* Encourage citizens and businesses to adopt carbon neutrality
* Provide information and guidance on carbon reduction strategies
* Promote carbon capture and storage
* Connect with like-minded people in your community and build a community platform for change
* Help develop original content for social media campaigns
* Prepare and submit activity reports.
You need to have:
* A passion for climate change
* A keen interest in sustainability
* A passion for encouraging every business and every organisation to become carbon neutral (immediately)
* A strong undergraduate or postgraduate course relevant to sustainability
* Superb written English
* Strong communication skills
* A desire to build a career in sustainability or to act as an advocate for sustainable behaviour
* The ability to meet strict targets and to submit daily/weekly activity reports.
* The purpose of the internship is to provide you with a learning and development opportunity within a corporate environment and across various aspects of sustainability, including climate change
* Opportunities to integrate your coursework into your day-to-day activities and to schedule work hours according to your academic commitments
* You will be an important member of an international team dedicated to tackling climate change head on
* You will change the world by helping to convince all businesses and all organisations to become carbon neutral immediately.
* This is an unpaid internship role
Please apply with full CV
Job Type: Internship
microsoft word, social media, communication, english, teamwork, facebook, social networking, spanish, microsoft powerpoint, time management, critical thinking, prezi, debate, peer tutoring, google docs