Studios Network Coordinator
Virginia Tech, United States
Updated: about 1 hour ago
Location: Blacksburg, VIRGINIA
Job Type: FullTime
Deadline: 11 Jul 2019
Working Title: Studios Network Coordinator
Role Title: Library Specialist I
Posting Number: SW0190483
About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVTserving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
The Studios Network Coordinator will be responsible for organizing tasks across the Studios Network, including scheduling, events, workshops, and tours. This position will also coordinate the documentation of student and faculty work taking place across the Studios Network, synthesizing qualitative and quantitative data collected for assessment and reporting purposes. In addition, this position will include responsibilities shared by all the studio managers, including teaching workshops, holding technology consultations, and participating in events and tours. This Studios Network Coordinator will work with studio managers to coordinate scheduling for student assistants working in the Studios Network. See https://lib.vt.edu/spaces/studios for more information about the Studios Network.
- Masters degree or a Bachelors degree with relevant work experience
- Experience scheduling and coordinating events and/or meetings
- Experience managing or coordinating the booking and/or use of spaces
- Excellent communication and partnership skills with the ability to engage effectively in collaboration
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, such as 3D printing, 3D scanning, and virtual reality.
- Experience managing and/or organizing technology for educational purposes
- Knowledge of Virginia Tech, particularly policies related to ordering, scheduling, maintenance requests, etc.
- Experience teaching workshops/classes involving technology
- Experience effectively managing student assistants
- Experience designing public displays or presentations of student learning projects
- Experience synthesizing data from various sources to create cohesive story about a services impact
- Experience providing technology consultation services in an academic setting
- Experience updating content in a web content management system such as Adobe Experience Manager or Wordpress
Employment Conditions: Other (Describe Below)
Must have a conviction check: Yes
- Must be able to occasionally work on weekends
How to Apply for this Job:
For a complete listing of position qualifications, and to apply, please visit www.jobs.vt.edu.
Employee Category: Staff (Salary)
Appointment Type: Regular
If restricted or temporary, enter end date:
FLSA Status: Non-exempt: Eligible for overtime
Academic Year or Calendar Year: Calendar Year
Percent Employment: Full-time
If part time, enter Percent Time:
Pay Band: 3
Pay Range: Minimum $45,000 dependent on qualifications and experience
Work Location: Blacksburg
Location, if not Blacksburg:
Location Zip Code: 24061
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm or as needed
Posting Date: 06/26/2019
Review Begin Date: 07/11/2019
Job Close Date: 07/11/2019
Restricted to university employees only? Yes
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement:
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
If you are an individual with a disability and desire accommodation please contact the hiring department.
Quick Link: http://listings.jobs.vt.edu/postings/99119
microsoft access, research, microsoft word, event management, communication, organization, wordpress, political science, presentations, content management, library, documentation, web content management, web content, coordinating special events