Coaching Assistant (Men's Basketball)
A&M System Member : Texas A&M International University
Department : Athletics Department
Job Category : Other or Not Specified
Job Type : Staff
Location : Laredo
Proposed Minimum Salary : $2,142.42 monthly
Job Requisition Number : R-021060
Security Sensitive? : Yes
Coaching Assistant (Men's Basketball)
Texas A&M International University
Proposed Minimum Salary
The Coaching Assistant (Men's Basketball), under general supervision, assists with all phases of coaching an intercollegiate team, including recruiting, scouting, game management and promotions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Coaches at the direction of the head coach and/or assistant coach. Provides instruction, demonstration and teaching the sport's dynamics to student-athletes to ensure maximum potential of individuals and the team as a whole
* Recruits and scouts prospective student athletes from high school, junior and community colleges
* Makes recommendations to the head coach regarding potential of student athlete
* Performs administrative duties as assigned by Head Coach
* Coordinates and arranges team travel involving coordinating and arranging competitive schedule, organizing and scheduling practice sessions, updating and maintaining student-athlete recruiting databases, updating and maintaining files (both hard copy and video) of opponents
* Develops and distributes scouting reports on opponents, analyzing opponents film and scouting reports, assisting in the requisitioning and purchasing of uniforms and equipment, and organizing on-campus visits by prospective student-athletes (both official and unofficial)
* Assists with summer camps
* Maintains continual and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA, Conference and University rules and regulations
* Establishes and ensures communication and enforcement of rules and regulations concerning student-athlete conduct, appearance, road games, punctuality and other areas
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree.
Experience: Previous collegiate (or higher level) coaching experience or playing experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* General knowledge of NCAA rules.
* Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs.
* Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
* Oral and written communication skills.
Licensing / Professional Certification None.
Physical Requirements None.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervision of Others:
This position generally does not supervise employees.
* Must possess a valid driver's license for occasional transportation of student athletes.
* Position requires working evening and/or weekends.
* Position requires travel.
* Applicants are subject to NCAA enforcement staff compliance review, and employment is contingent upon satisfactory results.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:During the application process you have only one opportunity to enter the requested information, upload documents and Submit the application. You will not be able to make changes or add additional documents once you Submit the application materials. The software does not allow you to Save your application and return to complete the process at a later time. The page "My Experience" has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files. Be sure to include:
* Cover Letter
* At least 3 references and their full contact information, and
* Unofficial transcripts if a degree is required.
Applications received by Texas A&M International University must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all job application data could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. See resume is not an acceptable entry in the job application.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institutions verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institutions procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
coaching, event planning, teaching, athletics, scouting, basketball, camps, education, athletes, middle school, instruction, campus, microsoft word, recruiting, organization