The Professional Development Programs Events amp; Marketing Coordinator provides administrative support to the Professional Development team. The coordinator will act as the primary event coordinator for professional development offerings at our Philadelphia campus and will provide support for occasional events at the Harrisburg campus. Additionally, the coordinator will handle day-to-day activities related to building and maintaining relationships with sponsors and other key stakeholders. The coordinator also will implement the departments social media and marketing tactics, including maintaining the departments website, in coordination with the Harrisburg Events amp; Marketing Coordinator.
The workweek is Sunday through Saturday. The regular work schedule is Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. To accommodate the organizations business needs, employees may be required to work outside regular work days and/or hours, including evenings and weekends.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution plus one (1) to three (3) years of relevant work experience in planning and implementing professional development offerings or events
* One year of related marketing, public relations, or communications experience required; one year event management specific experience preferred
* Experience with program administration, event planning, logistics and expense management preferred
* Demonstrated ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships and work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
* Excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills; the ability to compose letters and memos and to create spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations.
* Proven ability to manage phone and in-person communication with confidence and strong customer service skills including tact and diplomacy
* Experience with website and social media platform management including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn; Knowledge of best practices across social media platforms, including targeted promotions
* A strong work ethic, flexibility, initiative, creative problem-solving abilities, a high level of energy and the ability to work independently
* Organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects concurrently in a deadline-oriented environment
* Ability to exercise good judgment and to manage complex projects from planning through implementation
* Excellent command of general business etiquette and professional demeanor
* Attention to detail in project management and proofreading
* Self-starter with initiative and drive to achieve goals
* Proficiency using MS Office suite, specifically, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (for mail merges, name tags, detailed lists; etc.)
* Experience with Word Press, Canva, Customer Relationship Management systems, and mail marketing systems preferred
* The person in this position frequently (75%) communicates via phone, email, in-person, etc., with faculty and staff across the University
* Consistently operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned as needed to support the mission and vision of the University
* Exercise sound judgment, hospitality, reliability and organizational skills in the management of overall administrative functions of the organization while providing excellent front-line service, support, efficiency and a welcoming environment
* Assist in maintaining databases of industry partners, sponsors, attendees, and presenters and seek to continually enhance appropriate filing systems
* Receive and process all incoming correspondence including phone calls, mail, email and social media; respond to routine inquiries, field phone calls and e-mails, provide requested information/materials and schedule appointments as appropriate;
* Compile information and accurately create, draft and disseminate memos, letters, thank you notes, newsletters, emails, presentations and reports; prepare content and post cohesive messaging across all forms of communications
* Coordinate and participate in visits, meetings, seminars and video conferences
* Work with the department to develop and maintain a calendar of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual events, initiatives, and other special projects; prepare project management documentation to ensure events stay on track
* Assist Professional Development team in developing and executing marketing plans for specific events, centers, and the department overall.
* Maintain the pages for all Philadelphia-based events.
* With the team, maintain the departments social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, on a weekly basis (daily as necessary)
* Create marketing pieces, such as emails and flyers.
Sponsor Management and Relationship Building
* Build relationships with sponsors.
* Track sponsorship details, including benefits usage.
* Assist sponsors in planning on-site events, including acting as their on-site point of contact.
* Assist Professional Development team in generating and tracking sponsorship invoices.
Scheduling and Event Support
* Act as the project manager for all of the Philadelphia campuss professional development events, managing nearly all aspects of the events including speakers, sponsors, marketing, communications to attendees, website, catering, registration, and event logistics. The coordinator may also be asked to lead planning efforts for large summits in Harrisburg.
* Assist the team in planning and executing a variety of courses and trainings throughout the year, lending support where it is needed
* Develop, administer and collect participant surveys to capture accomplishments and successes against Key Performance Indicators and develop plans to continuously improve the quality of programming and quantity of participants; maintain feedback in a database
Budgeting and Financial Support
* Maintain accurate and timely reconciliation and record-keeping for purchases and invoices for the organization; record expenses accurately based on project and event activities; analyze budget entries for accuracy and consistency
* Manage and track event finances including check requests, invoicing and reporting
* Prepare travel authorizations, travel reimbursement and procurement reconciliations and reallocations and ensure that expenses are posted to correct projects and/or accounts
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts the universitys right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. To be considered, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume.
event planning, social media, event management, social media marketing, public relations, facebook, hospitality, newsletters, twitter, creativity, web content, presentations, instagram, youtube, conferences