Student Worker - Market Researcher
NSC - Henderson/en-US/NSC-external/job/NSC---Henderson/Student-Worker---Market-Researcher_R0116744/
Thank you for your interest in Nevada State College. Once you start the application process you will not be able to save your work so ensure you have everything available to complete your application before you begin. Required documents to for the position are listed below in the posting. Your application will not be considered if you do not attach the required documents.
Nevada State College (NSC) invites applications for the position of Test Tube Suspender Market Researcher. The Test Tube Suspender Market Researcher will be responsible for implementing a market research plan developed during the Spring 2019 semester by students of Dr. Heidi Batiste.
About Nevada State College:
Founded in 2002,NSCis a four-year public college located on a developing 512-acre campus in the foothills of Henderson, Nevada (adjacent to Las Vegas). Our faculty and staff members enjoy the rare opportunity to mold the college as it continues to grow into a cornerstone of higher education in Southern Nevada. NSCemphasizes high-quality instruction, exemplary student support, evidence-based practices, and innovation as a means to more efficient, effective outcomes in all departments across campus.
NSCserves approximately 4,900 students who are highly diverse and largely underserveda majority of our students are first generation, racial/ethnic minorities, parents, and/or returning students. We seek applicants who are passionate about working with this promising student population and collaborating with faculty and staff across departments to make a lasting impact in developing our young institution.
* Complete a detailed plan for market research for a test tube suspender.
* Identify and contact interested parties both in Clark county and at other institutions in the region.
* Send/ship market research materials.
* Maintain a good working relationship with interested parties.
* Receive and compile the results of the market survey.
* Must have experience in development of market surveys, market research, and a basic understanding of the various academic institutions in the region.
* Must be in good academic standing and maintain a GPA of 2.0 or higher
* Must be enrolled as a degree seeking student with a minimum of 1 credit in the current or upcoming semester at NSC.
* Other required qualifications
* Specific coursework in the development of market research surveys for scientific equipment.
* Previous experience in marketing.
* Good interpersonal skills and a willingness to develop new contacts throughout the region.
Student employees can work up to 19.5 hours per week.
$9.50 per hour
Special Instructions for Internal NSHE Applicants
NSC employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the Find Jobs process within Workday to find and for jobs at NSC and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site.
marketing, higher education, market research, scientific papers, matlab, data analysis, latex, statistics, qualitative research, mathematical analysis, kaleidagraph, social statistics, logic models, numerical linear algebra, mathematica