Social Responsibility Programs Graduate Internship, Fall 2019
Job ID 684492BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 26, 2019
Enterprise Social Responsibility (ESR) works on enterprise social purpose strategies and supports TWDC�??s goal of being among the most admired companies in the world. Disney aspires to be equally admired for the integrity of our people as we are for the quality of our exceptional entertainment experiences. ESR drives enterprise-wide philanthropy, community and consumer engagement efforts that help bring to life the social purpose of the company. Our group works side-by-side with all of the businesses and regions of TWDC to build and deploy strategies and tactics that drive value for society, our brand and our businesses.
Our team�??s mission is to connect consumers and employees to the causes that TWDC most authentically champions in a way that drives measurable value. Our group�??s responsibilities include program development and integration, marketing, business synergy, and research and insights.
A Day in the Life�?�
In this role, you will be an integral part of the ongoing strategy and program development of the key programs representing
the ESR mission to deliver comfort to those in need and to create inspiration & opportunity for those who want to improve their world. This mission is manifested in programs such as Disney Team of Heroes (children�??s hospitals and wishes) and Disney Musicals in Schools. As we work to refine our global strategy and unify our measurement and our communication, you will have the opportunity to learn how our business segments integrate into these priority programs and also how we package and shape our most critical philanthropic investments to drive both business value and social impact.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Support the team in the development, launch and implementation of global youth investment programs
* Assist in the management of program budget
* Assist in the processing of charitable grants
* Support regional counterparts by ensuring pertinent information is streamlined and communicated to international markets in real-time
* Support the team in the development of program planning tools and materials, including but not limited to, pitch decks, marketing briefs, planning calendars and project tracking documents
* Support the team in the development of creative assets
* Assist in the tracking and reporting of KPIs in partnership with key stakeholders
* Assist the team in defining, communicating and upholding program and marketing guidelines
* Support the team in identifying growth opportunities, working in collaboration with insights and business teams
* Proactively seek process improvements and efficiencies to aid in planning and communication
* Support key ESR events as needed
What we are looking for�?�
* Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify opportunities and resolve issues
* Strong creative sensibility
* Excellent collaboration skills
* Outstanding organizational skills including ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high level results
* Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
* Exhibits a personal responsibility and commitment to his/her work, follow-through and accountability
* Drives innovation and creativity at every level
* Project management experience (preferably a familiarity with SmartSheet)
* Experience with youth programming
* Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
* Currently a graduate student or a recent graduate
* Preferred fields of study or experience: education, youth development, communications, fine or performing arts, social justice, diversity and inclusion
* The approximate dates of this internship are August/September 2019 through January 2020.
* Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
* Able to occasionally work a flexible schedule including early mornings, late nights, weekends or holidays
* Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Los Angeles/Glendale/Burbank area
* Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
* Must have a 13 week interval between the completion of a one year Disney Professional Internship and the proposed start date if the candidate has completed 1 year of a Disney Professional internship
* Must possess unrestricted work authorization
* Must be at least 18 years of age
Required Materials: PDF version of resume must be uploaded at time of application
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company�??s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you�??ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney�??s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
research, program development, grants, youth development, philanthropy, social justice, interpersonal communication, briefing, microsoft word, marketing, project management, event management, organization, process improvement, analytical skills