Jun 1, 2019
Seattle, WA, US, 98107
Bentley Systems is the leading global provider of software solutions to engineers, architects, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators for the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure. Bentleys MicroStation-based engineering and BIM applications, and its digital twin cloud services, advance the project delivery (ProjectWise) and the asset performance (AssetWise) of transportation and other public works, utilities, industrial and resources plants, and commercial and institutional facilities.
Bentley Systems employs more than 3,500 colleagues, generates annual revenues of $700 million in 170 countries, and has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions since 2012. From inception in 1984, the company has remained majority-owned by its five founding Bentley brothers. Bentley shares transact by invitation on the NASDAQ Private Market; strategic partner Siemens AG has accumulated a non-voting minority stake. www.bentley.com
Virtual Construction Manager
A long-time strategic partner of Bentley Systems is poised to kick off a transformative multi-building design/build/operate project in Greater Seattle. Bentley has assembled a cross-functional team from all over the world and is seeking an outgoing, innovative individual to support this effort as a Virtual Construction Manager co-located in Seattle, WA working directly with Microsoft and other stakeholders on this initiative. Part domain specialist, part ambassador, part entrepreneur, this role will interface with all of Microsofts partners and will have access and visibility to senior leadership of Bentley Systems.
* Facilitate the delivery of required digital twins across a large scale, multi-discipline construction project.
* Coordination with various BIM platforms, to meet a contractually agreed upon output.
* Help maintain a flexible data architecture to allow for future-proofing of critical project data.
* Liaise between Contractor, Owner and Program Manager to better understand the views of each party and help to provide technical guidance to ensure proper outcomes.
* BS or MA in Computer Science, Information Management, Construction Engineering, Architecture or a related field
* At least 3-5 years of experience in Virtual Design and/or Virtual Construction.
* Knowledge of design management and collaboration software is a must and a preference would be to have experience working with construction management solutions as well. This would include experience in the production and management of construction documents as well as experience in construction administration workflows.
* Experience integrating construction maintenance and management systems, a plus.
* Strong problem-solving skills and the creativity to find solutions for undefined challenges.
* Effective decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on the ability to effectively influence others, and a collaborative approach are a must.
* A team-focused mentality with the proven ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
* An ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily-understood, authoritative, and actionable manner.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Bentley is an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, disability, protected veteran status, religion, national origin, age or any other protected characteristic. Additional information about your rights as an applicant under the law may be found by clicking here and here.
Bentley participates in e-Verify / Bentley participa en e-Verify
Right to Work / Derecho a Trabajar
We encourage you to request a reasonable accommodation if you are not able to fully use or access our online application system. You can make an accommodation request by calling 610-458-5000 or sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Disclosure:
Please be aware Bentley is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. This includes any phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Bentley via-email, the Internet (including social media) or in any form and/or method for this specific position in the absence of a written recruiting agreement executed by both you and/or your firm and Bentley will be deemed the sole property of Bentley and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Bentley.
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Construction, Engineer, Construction Engineer, Data Architect, R&D Engineer, Engineering, Data
microsoft word, social media, research, writing, microsoft access, problem solving, creativity, internet, microsoft excel, event management, recruiting, cross-functional team leadership, flexibility, r&d, eviews