Requisition Number 19-1462
Title (CPA) Part Time CTE/Technology Teacher 2019/20
[CPA] Part Time CTE/ Technology Teacher (Grades 9-12)
INSPIRE THE FUTURE
K12 is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated.
They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
Passionate High School Educators are needed at the K12 partner school, Colorado Preparatory Academy. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
The mission of Colorado Preparatory Academy is to provide an exemplary individualized and engaging educational experience for students by incorporating school and community/family partnerships coupled with a rigorous curriculum along with a data-driven and
student-centered instructional model. Student success will be measured by valid and reliable assessment data, parent and student satisfaction, and continued institutional growth within the academic community. Join us!
AS A VIRTUAL TEACHER, YOU WILL ENJOY...
* Instructional Environment - Implementing instructional strategies that stimulate learning and increase student engagement
* Creating instructional resources to meet the varying needs of students
* Building Relationships - Collaborating with parents and colleagues to manage coarse goals, curriculum, and materials that enhance the learning experience
* Professionalism - Actively participating in Professional Learning Communities (or professional development)
* Communication - Hosting live synchronous sessions that promote a positive learning environment
* Data Driven Practice - Analyzing student data to prescribe remediation and enrichment as needed
* Participating in data analysis meetings to monitor student growth
Get to know (CPA) !
* Colorado Preparatory Academy
* Behind the scenes
* A Day in the life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students' individual needs? If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for
three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12's
learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child's learning.
* Minimum six (6) months of student teaching experience
* Bachelors degree
* Appropriate state certification
* Meets states NCLBs Highly Qualified Teacher requirements
* Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
* Strong written/verbal communication skills
* Ability to travel at least once per month within and between assigned geographic areas to support students, attend regularly scheduled meetings, and participate in school activities, open houses and orientations.
* Experience working with the proposed age group
* Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
* Ability to CLEAR required background check(s)
* An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
* Experience working in a virtual environment.
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools
* Experience teaching online (virtual) and/or in a brick-and-mortar environment
* Familiar with Blackboard Collaborative or other online platforms
WHO ARE WE?
* About us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
microsoft word, data analysis, microsoft outlook, organization, microsoft excel, curriculum design, reliability, scheduling, children, verbal communication, focus, willingness to learn, origin, teamwork, social media