# Dog Trainer / Apprentice
Healthier pets. Happier people. Better world.Our vision might sound lofty, but
we believe its attainable when we obsessabout providing complete care for our
amazing pets. Our approach goes farbeyond addressing our animals basic needs
to support their physical, mental,social, and emotional needs. By being sure
we take all of these elements intoconsideration, we can help pet parents take
the very best care of their pets.
As a Dog Trainer or Dog Trainer Apprentice with Petco, you will play an
absolutely vital role in the Petco family. Within your store, you will be the
primary resource and leader for Petcos Positive Dog Training program. You
must be committed to and show a genuine interest in enhancing communication
and teamwork between dog and pet parent by offering positive solutions and
rewarding success while providing a fun and safe environment for dogs, pet
parents and store partners.
Our Dog Trainer Apprenticeship is a comprehensive training program to prepare
you for the role of Dog Trainer in your store. Apply today, and a store
manager will review your skills, experience and prior training to determine
where you might fit on the Dog Training team.
Responsibilities will include:
* Acting as a subject matter expert for Petcos Positive Dog Training Program, products, services and in-store promotions
* Promoting, conducting and instructing all current dog training curricula
* Be a genuine Petco ambassador who exemplifies the Petco culture and values in all communications and interactions.
* Coaching, encouraging and motivating dogs and pet parents
* Effectively deliver formal presentations
* Achieve Dog Training goals by offering creative Training solutions
* Strong ability to inspire and motivate self and others.
* Assisting in the loading, unloading and stocking of merchandise
* Ensuring that store animals receive the highest quality care and are maintained in clean, safe and secure habitats
* Promoting established safety and loss prevention procedures
The ideal Dog Trainer candidate will have:
* CPDT-KA or Karen Pryor Academy (KPA-CTP) certifications
* Previous experience teaching positive reinforcement dog training techniques in group or class settings
* Computer skills with the ability to quickly research information from the Internet
* The ability to work during peak traffic periods during week days and weekends
**Primary Location: **United States-Massachusetts-WOBURN-103 COMMERCE WAY (1784)
**Work Locations: **
**Job: **Dog Training
**Organization: **Petco Animal Supplies, Inc.
dog training, teaching, teamwork, pets, dogs, coaching, microsoft word, leadership, merchandising, organization, communication, scheduling, trainer, animals, animal handling