KONE, founded in 1910, is one of the largest, award-winning elevator companies in the world and our offering for employees is as competitive as our offering for customers. Not only do we provide highly competitive salaries, company vehicles for specific roles, and world-class benefits for our salaried employees - we also pride ourselves on our culture and principles. Innovation, sustainability, collaboration and ethical business practices are just some of the pillars that we use to define our own success. Come join our family in KONE Americas to be a part of something big!
Installation Supervisors role is to manage and control projects from sales/installation hand-over to completion at handover to client and Maintenance. Supervisor is in charge of leading and managing the installation team to ensure safe, high quality, complete-on-time delivery of KONE solutions within budget. Acts as the KONE interface to customer and other stakeholders throughout the process. In addition to this, supervisor is expected to support the sales team in pre-tender and tender activities as requested.
Site supervision process:
* Accountable for the delivery of the installation projects
* Accountable for Site Safety
* Responsible for securing efficient management of environmental aspects of the installation (waste handling, hazardous material, minimization of travel)
* Accountable for the financial result of the project (cannot be responsible for costs associated with changes in factory prices or exchange rate variables)
* Participates to the sales/installation hand-over and validates the term of the order received from the customer together with the salesperson
* Prepares the overall installation program and resource planning
* Responsible for planning and organizing the delivery and storage of materials and tools to the site and placing the orders to subcontractors and Non KONE factory material suppliers
* Responsible for site preparations and follow-up of site readiness
* Accountable for use of correct KONE installation methods throughout the installation
* Ensures cost control as per action plans during budget, and pre-calculated CM2% towards achieving the R80 targets
* Responsible for administrative activities of the project including daily human resource management (absences, time sheet review/approvals) and reports project progress (schedule, installation hours, fitter time sheets, budget and risks) to his superiors
* Responsible for maintaining project documentation
* Updates information to company management systems (eg S-plan milestone updates)
* Collaborates with Accounts payable / Controlling to ensure site activities are planned and executed in accordance with contractual payment terms and actual payments received.
* Accountable for final testing of the equipment and handover to maintenance
Customer and Sub-contractor Relationship management:
* Accountable for customer satisfaction and quality of installation
* Accountable for Sub-contractor quality and Safety performance
* Single point of contact towards the customer during installation regarding site management, responsible for internal and external communication during the project
* Aims at achieving allocated sales targets and add-on sales and variations during installations
* Develops and maintains a cordial and professional relationship with the sub-contractors
People management / Leadership:
* Accountable for people (site operatives) development and well-being, and managing the performance of the team and individuals.
* Determines objectives, plans as well as organizes, communicates, controls, and motivates the installation team
* Identifies field operative training needs and manages training plans
Specific Knowledge, Skills & Behaviors:
Bachelors Degree from an accredited college/university or a 2-year degree from an approved technical school preferred. Equivalent work experience in the elevator or construction industry accepted in lieu of degree.
At least one year experience and/or training in the elevator/construction industry as well as one year leading people towards a common goal.
Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with building owners/managers, general contractors, developers, and all levels of employees.
Ability to prioritize tasks, effectively manage projects, and overcome obstacles.
Ability to build and maintain professional relationships with Union employees and KONE customers.
Ability to understand and assess business needs, develop and implement action plans, effectively manage multiple projects, and lead personnel to deliver desired results.
Job rotation is an excellent way to develop. KONE supports job rotation by having all open positions posted in the intranet and by having global guidelines for employees and managers to make job rotation smooth. Employees and managers are encouraged to discuss about job rotation opportunities both in the Performance Discussion (PD) and also in team meetings or other events where suitable.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
Read more on www.kone.com/careers
testing, design engineering, microsoft excel, microsoft word, leadership, construction, vehicles, sales, training, communication, sustainability, completion, customer satisfaction, storage, innovation