Back End Developer in Salt Lake City
Job Ref: 725463446
Company Name: Siskin Enterprises Inc.
Industry: Information Technology
Job Type: Full Time
City: Salt Lake City
Zip Code: 84104
Post Date: 06/26/2019
PermaPlate is a family owned company based in Salt Lake City that has a 40 year history of superior customer service and quality products. We have experienced explosive growth over the last 5 years and are in the process of adding to our team of outstanding individuals. If you are the type of person that enjoys thinking outside the box and working to build systems and processes (often from scratch) then we want to hear from you.
We are looking for full-stack application development of PermaPlates customer-facing website and API. This position will split between new product development and maintenance of existing tech.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
* Develop UI/Middle Tier/back-end code in support of the changing tech needs of the automotive sales industry
* Work collaboratively to plan new projects and then implement those plans
* Follow good design practices to ensure robust and scalable solutions are implemented
* Contribute new ideas to improve software practices and processes
* Support production applications during U.S. hours as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Proven success in designing, coding and implementing software within the Microsoft .NET platform
* Strong ability to code in C# and VB.net
* Demonstrated SQL server experience
* An understanding of Agile/SCRUM processes and techniques
* Able to communicate effectively in a team environment
* Capable of working autonomously much of the time
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
College or university program certificate or degree in computer science or a related field; two to four years related experience and/or training.
* Visual Studio
* Experience in PDF manipulation helpful
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
PermaPlate offers an outstanding benefit package for our full-time employees which includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life, STD. LTD and a generous PTO plan.
Job Type: Full-time
agile methodologies, git, scrum, microsoft sql server, microsoft visual studio, mvc, computer science, ui design, application development, .net, customer service, product development, training, maya, information technology