Senior Design Engineer at TE Connectivity
Posted in Other about 15 hours ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: el cajon, California
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
The Aerospace, Defense and Marine (Aerospace, Defense and Marine or AD&M) business unit of TE is part of the Industrial Solutions segment (Industrial Solutions) and is a world leader in the design of components and electrical interconnection solutions that are used for applications in extreme and rigorous environments. These interconnection solutions make possible applications of avionics, jet and propulsion engine management, flight controls, grounding systems and on-board entertainment (EAB) for today's \\"connected aircraft\\". This capability is extended to military, marine, aviation, space, land and drone vehicles, as well as oil and gas exploration of open-ocean deposits. TE offers solutions for enhanced connectivity that work and resist in the most extreme environments on Earth, from the deepest oceans to the ends of space. In your relentless activities to save space and weight, improve data delivery and power, you will find that AD&M is ready to collaborate with your design team to help you present your product more quickly in the market with smarter and better interconnect solutions.
TE Connectivity s Product Engineering Teams optimize existing products from information or input provided by marketing, customers, Operation Teams, Development Engineers or other employees. They maintain existing products, processes, and specifications including modifications for new applications consistent with manufacturing techniques and economies. They also initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, and cost, while meeting customer requirements and may support and implement product extensions to existing platform products to meet specific customer requirements. They are the key experts in the products they are responsible for at TE.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
* Working with cross-functional teams to fulfill the engineering of new product design and development.
* Ensuring the designs produced fully conform to customer requirements and expectations.
* Applying the NPD process to assure designs meet their design brief.
* Assisting with product qualification testing (periodic or developmental) as required
* Working with Operations and Supply Chain to bring application engineered products through to operational status.
* Resolving practical problems, interpreting results and working to written specification.
* Demonstrating flexibility and being prepared to learn new skills and acquire new knowledge
* Some travel may be required domestically and internationally
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree from an accredited University
* Minimum of 3-5 years working experience in design and development of products
* Must be proficient with CAD software: AutoCad and Solidworks are preferred;
* In depth knowledge of GD&T, FEA, and Design of Experiments
* Must possess excellent verbal and written English communication skills
* Ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously and in an independent manner.
* Fast learner with strong self-motivation.
* Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to be available for production trials.
* Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
manufacturing, autocad, solidworks, mechanical engineering, cad, product design, gd&t, design engineering, design of experiments, product engineering, propulsion, product development, continuous improvement, cross-functional team leadership, microsoft word