3:11 Youth Housing - Grand Rapids, MI
6 hours agoPart-time
3:11 YOUTH HOUSING MISSION:
Our mission is to develop safe, affordable housing for youth experiencing homelessness and partner in their transition to healthy interdependence.
This position is designed to offer an intern a substantive learning experience in the field of marketing with a focus on non-profit communication and social media presence. The internship offers exciting hands-on experience and the opportunity to gain new skills.
* Work cooperatively on a team that includes Co-Executive Director, Event Coordinator, Staff, and Volunteers
* Draft social media posts for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
* Maintain social media content and calendar
* Post and maintain events information on various calendar of events
* Assist the Event Coordinator in the design and production of printed and digital marketing materials
* Assist in creating communication around events
* Assist with on-site event execution to include set up, break-down and technical support
* Manage multiple deadlines
* Maintain confidentiality
* Perform other related duties which may not be specifically listed in the position description, but which are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee's level of work
* Currently enrolled in an accredited college, university or trade school
* Must be eligible for school credit (and able to supply a letter from sponsor/administrator upon request)
* Pursuing a degree in Marketing, Communication, or Business Administration is preferred but not required.
* Knowledge and experience with social media including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
* Must be able to commit to a minimum work schedule of 12 hours per week and a maximum of 30 hours per week.
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
* Detail-oriented and exceptional attention to detail is a MUST.
* Able to coordinate multiple work streams for on-time project delivery
* Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
We are currently searching for a qualified individual to fill this internship position for the fallsemester. The student will work at the 3:11 office and community locations in Grand Rapids.
This internship MUST BE for college credit. It is a non-paid position with flexible hours to reflect the need of your college credit requirements. Some evenings and weekends may be required.
Please send cover letter and resume
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Salary: $0.00 /hour
* Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
social media, facebook, event management, digital marketing, twitter, instagram, web content, written communication, editing, design, technical support, scheduling, flexibility, attention to detail, detail oriented