Integrated Communications Planning Internship
Weber Shandwick - Chicago, IL4.0
Full-timeEstimated: $25,000 - $35,000 a year
* Bachelor's Degree
* Microsoft Powerpoint
* Microsoft Office
* Microsoft Outlook
Integrated Communications Planning Internship(Job Number: 011840)
Primary Location-United States-Illinois-Chicago
Leading marketing firm seeks the future. Are you a big thinker? An artist? A web geek with an edge? Were passionate about expanding the boundaries of what we offer our clients and were looking for candidates with the creative daring and digital savvy to join that effort.
From analytics-driven insights to creative ideation to execution, Weber Shandwicks interns form the foundation of a talented team that generates groundbreaking, award-winning programs. During the program, interns will work on programs for iconic brands they likely encounter every day.
This application will be open from 6/27/19 through 7/5/19. Candidates will be selected between 7/6/19 and 7/8/19 and interviews will be held from 7/9/19 through 7/22/19. This position will be expected to start on 9/30/19 as part of our fall internship class.
As an Integrated Communications Planning Intern, you will have the opportunity to work on integrated communications initiatives ranging from earned and paid media, to influencer and digital efforts, including:
* Research: Analyze audiences, digital content trends, brands and competitors using various resources
* Create: Actionable insights and strategies, content audits and calendars, written words
* Engage: Share big ideas in brainstorms and with teams
* Digital: Know all the relevant platforms, what brands are doing on them, how audiences are using them and what they should do next. Understanding SEO and paid media best practices is a plus.
* Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly. Ditch jargon. Willingness to learn, question and challenge.
* Management: Meet all deadlines, put out fires, multi-task and mind attention to detail. Work fast but well.
* Interpersonal: Play nice, whether its in a team, with a team or independently
* Technical: Know basics (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook). Knowledge of social platforms, CMS and data/insights dashboards a plus.
* Spark: Passion for creative thinking, strategy and pushing the boundaries. Competence isnt enough. Set yourself apart with something awesome and unignorable.
* Basic research experience and the ability to identify and analyze trends
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs
* Candidates should have BA or BS in a related field
Why Weber Shandwick:
Weber Shandwicks full-time internship program is a paid opportunity for you to gain valuable experience supporting teams and helping clients solve business problems. We arent going to have you pouring coffee and making copies for four monthsinstead, youll really dig into the work, become a critical member of your teams, and learn what it means to go beyond for your clients. By the end of your internship, youll have learned how to successfully operate in a major organization and be able to apply learnings to the rest of your career.
Through day-to-day client work and interactive trainings over the course of your internship, youll learn how to:
* Read and comprehend briefs, proposals and plans, and synthesize them for action.
* Write compelling materials for a variety of audiences.
* Think strategically about business issues.
* Present findings in an engaging way.
* And more! We offer intern trainings on topics ranging from preparedness, to video production, to insight development.
Weber Shandwick is dedicated not only to building brands, but to building careers. Our team is our most valuable asset, and were looking forward to seeing what youll bring to the family table.
microsoft powerpoint, communication, seo audits, web content, communications planning, creativity, microsoft office, marketing, microsoft excel, research, microsoft word, strategy, training, interviewing, video production