Graphic Design Intern
Monday & Co - Los Angeles, CA
InternshipEstimated: $24,000 - $31,000 a year
* Content Development
* Adobe Photoshop
* Social Media Management
* Adobe Illustrator
Welcome to Monday & Co. We are an online platform and coworking space and content studio in Atlanta, GA. We were created for and by women of color in January 2019. Our founder is 28 year old Candice VanWye who also built Brown Girl Bloggersfrom the ground up!
We are seeking a creative Graphic Design intern to create visual content and learn with us! If you love brands on social media like Fenty and Bando, if youre always coming up with fun collages, text based graphics, and/or gifs this is the internship for you. You probably already have a great start to learn and gain experience through this internship.
We use our content across multiple platforms including our website, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and our Newsletter.
As a Graphic Design Intern you will create content primarily for our website, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. You will learn the ins and outs of building a successful media company and getting noticed online.
Note: You absolutely must know how to use Photoshop and knowing other Adobe programs is a plus. You must have a portfolio of work to show even if its just your personal work.
During this internship you will learn a lot but you must already know the basics.
The verticals that we post are:
Wellness, Lifestyle, Fashion, Career, Beauty, Money, Relationships, Home, Travel, Culture, Food, and interviews with inspiring women of color.
* Stay up-to-date with whats happening in the verticals listed above. Its ok if youre only strong in 2-3 areas. Maybe career, money, and culture or fashion and beauty.
* Create graphics about our blog content and current topics. (Exact duties are determined during the internship.)
* Research and pitch ideas. For instance, did you see something cool on the internet that you think we should cover in gif format or through a swipeable on Instagram? Is there a really funny tweet that we HAVE to repost?
* Ability to create visual content through Procreate (or similar programs) and/or the ability to create visual content in programs like Photoshop and Illustrator
* Passion for women of color and your chosen verticals
* Strong news/content awareness and judgment
* Ability to create in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment with a strong attention to detail
* Experience working with engagement in a digital, television, print-media or video information environment. This could even be your personal social media accounts.
* Experience developing content
What you will learn:
* How to create for publications online and get your work edited
* What audiences are looking for online
* How to generate ideas and stay on deadline when creating for online publications
* How to work with a team to create a cohesive online platform
Email your cover letter, resume, and relevant work examples to hello @ mondayand.co
Let us know if you need college credit for your internship.
Interns can be remote in any US city however Atlanta based interns are free to work in our office as well.
Job Type: Internship
adobe photoshop, graphic design, adobe illustrator, facebook, motion graphics, fashion, printing, creativity, twitter, instagram, print media, digital, social media, research, video