Standard Homeopathic Company / Hyland's - Gardena, CA
Part-time$15 an hour
* Bachelor's Degree
* Organizational Skills
* Microsoft Office
* Dental Insurance
* Health Insurance
* Paid Time Off
Standard Homeopathic Company a well-established pharmaceutical manufacturing company has an exciting opportunity for a Innovation Intern. Our company is over 100 years old and robustly growing.
Summary: The Innovation Intern is responsible for assisting the Innovation Team that drives new product development through market research, consumer insight generation, project, and launch strategy. This role touches new product development at all stages, from assessing the landscape, to ideation, developing a business case, vendor management, to product launch and leverage. This is a cross-functional position that will assist in coordinating, planning and supporting the Innovation Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist in the day-to-day projects relating to innovation of new OTC products and assist with the new product development process with the cross-functional team to help ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget.
* Provide various administrative support: such as assisting in development of presentations, announcements, marketing plan development and sales collateral.
* Assist in the creation and maintaining of Proof of Claims (POC) books for all new products and updating current POC books.
* Collaborate on market research including competitive analysis and consumer insights gathering, to assist in the development of launch and marketing plans designed to maximize product performance and drive sales.
* Manage relationships with team members across organization and maintain excellent communication with other departments.
* Partner cross-functionally to enable organizational alignment towards critical business objectives.
* Work closely with Innovation Team to transition the new products into the Marketing portfolio.
* May be required to perform other duties as assigned or as needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
* Currently pursuing a career in Marketing, Innovation, Product Development and a passion for Marketing and Innovation of new products.
* At least 1 year of Marketing, Innovation or Product Development education and/or experience or combination of both.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Computer proficient, including MS Office Suite.
* Creative thinker and team player. Inspires others to collaborate through own example.
* High attention to detail.
* Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, or as a team member.
* Demonstrates success in managing key projects through cross-functional teams.
* Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability and desire to follow-through projects to completion.
* Willingness to learn.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Our company is organized around the proposition that safe, effective, natural health care solutions should be easily accessible to all. We are committed to a safe and nurturing workplace that honors the work of each of our associates and appreciates that each member of our team offers a unique contribution to our collective success.
If you enjoy working in this type of environment and want a challenging and exciting position, this may be the opportunity for you. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401K, PTO, and holiday pay. For more product and company information, please visit www.hylands.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Hylands, Inc., a division of Standard Homeopathic Company, develops homeopathic medicines with the highest quality natural ingredients following the strictest standards of preparation. With over a century of commitment, Hylands provides quality and integrity in every product. From Hylands Baby Colic Tablets to Hyland's Calms Fort�, Hyland's cares for your family at every stage of life. Consumers trust Hylands products to be natural, gentle, effective and safe for the entire family.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Internship
Salary: $15.00 /hour
* Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
* Product Development: 1 year (Preferred)
* Innovation: 1 year (Preferred)
* Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
* Bachelor's (Preferred)
* Gardena, CA (Required)
* United States (Required)
Hours per Week:
* 11-20 (Required)
* 1 - 3 months
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
market research, communication, microsoft office, strategy, marketing, competitive analysis, sales, cross-functional team leadership, editing, product development, healthcare, interpersonal, presentations, creativity, organization