Special Assistant to the Head Coach - HigherEdJobs
Skip to main content
* Job Search
* Four-Year Institutions
* Two-Year Institutions
* All Institutions
* Institutional Profiles
* Dual Career
* Today's Jobs
* Diversity & Inclusion
* Advanced Search
* My Account
* Account Home
* Job Agents
* Other Documents
* Account Information
* Sign In
* News & Resources
* Advice & News
* Higher Ed Careers
* Author in Residence
* Employment Report
* News Releases
* Career Resources
* Salary Data
* Job Search Tips
* Resume/CV Writing
* Diversity Resources
* Search Firms
* Employer Home
* Post a Single Job
* Job Packs
* Unlimited Postings
* All Products
* Pay Your Invoice
* Sign In
* Job Listings
* Job Detail
Special Assistant to the Head Coach
Robert Morris University
Moon Township, PA
Admin - Athletics and Coaching
Position Department: Football
Position Type: Staff Full-Time
The Special Assistant to the Head Coach supports activities related to the operations, logistics, and administration of the football program, including communication, coordination of practices, camps and activities, and travel schedules. Under the direction of the Head Coach, this position also support the Offensive and Defensive Coordinators in the scholarship process for student athletes.
* Assist the Head Coach, Football in day-to-day to communication and coordination of activities related to logistics, operations, and administration of the program.
* Coordinate team travel arrangements, including coordination of charter air contracts with University Legal team.
* Communicates practice times and dates in coordination with Head Coach.
* Participation in recruitment activities of prospective student-athletes, including development of campus visit schedules, lodging arrangements, and coordination of campus tours with Enrollment Management.
* Responsible for completion of purchase orders, catering arrangements, and other administrative tasks.
* Assists the Offensive and Defensive Coordinator with managing the scholarship process for student athletes.
* Responsibility for handling cash in various camp settings for athletes meals.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Bachelors degree required, preferably in a sport or management-related field.
* Experience in a sport management field preferred.
* Ability to make independent decisions.
* Ability to use discretion with confidential student information.
* Must have strong organizational and communication skills.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word.
* Ability to drive or have reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University.
* Ability to be available by phone and email after typical business hours.
* Valid drivers license or reliable transportation to travel on behalf of the University
Exemption Status: Select
Act 153 Clearance Required: Yes
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check (If driving on behalf of the University): Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check: Yes
Additional Posting Information: None
Special Applicant Instructions: None
Commitment to Diversity:
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (412) 397-6270 if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
coaching, sports management, athletics, football, higher education, camps, career development, athletes, microsoft office, microsoft word, recruiting, communication, human resources, administration, logistics