Sr Software Engineer at Cox Automotive
Sacramento, CA 95827
About the Job
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for writing and maintaining code within applications and systems to implement capabilities and features, improve performance and maintainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps. You will play a role in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends. Additional roles & responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to the following:
* Design, code, test, correct and document programs and scripts from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
* Take part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
* Develop effective implementation and procurement strategies, consistent with business needs.
* Ensure adherence to relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices.
* Establish standards and procedures across the technology service lifecycle (including the development lifecycle) in the areas of systems integration and testing and ensures that practitioners adhere to them.
* Manage application enhancements to improve business performance to them.
* Works with Product Management to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
* Recommends viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
* Foresees capacity requirements for component usage and identifies limitations.
* Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
* Contributes to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
* Builds software applications across multiple platforms in response to the needs of stakeholders.
* Understands technical architecture and writes software and automated tests that are aligned with agreed upon standards.
* Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
* Working experience in the design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume Java/Python based software systems and components, including client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
* Working experience realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
* Previous experience developing in an Agile environment
* Experience with technologies including AWS, Docker, Jenkins, New Relic, Splunk, Artifactory would be a plus
* Experience in a DevOps environment would be a plus
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global companys 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader�, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com�, Dealertrack�, Kelley Blue Book�, Manheim�, NextGear Capital�, VinSolutions�, vAuto� and Xtime�, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
View more info View less info Report this job
Want more jobs like this?
Sacramento, CA 95827